Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Upgrades 13' FXDB

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Newellhole
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a few small updates, modified my VO2 intake to let the heads breathe externally. Don't really like the filter I ordered may send it back and order a different one thinking about routing it down under the bike somewhere too, although it's not in plain sight really now as it is. Also made my belt guard into a license plate holder (got the idea from the "under $50" thread) with the led bolts, turned out great.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Looks great!

I'm going to do the same basically with my breathers. I want it invisible as much as possible so will do a little filter behind the A/C like you have and put on a new filter as necessary, even if it's twice a year, who cares!

Zip-Zang bam, new filters aren't that expensive and then you don't have no drip from hoses, no cans, no hoses routed around.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:27 AM
Odin510
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Newellhole
Does anyone know hot to take apart the reflectors inside the signal lights? It's only the black wire that won't come out. I got the rears apart fine cause you can just take the connectors off but the front is a different story. Need some advise here lol taking them apart for powder coating.

I'm missing something here. Why do you want to remove the ground from the receptacle?

Old 02-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Newellhole
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Odin510
I'm missing something here. Why do you want to remove the ground from the receptacle?
Taking them apart for powder coat. There's no way to take the other end apart it's permanently attached to the controls.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Newellhole
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Looks great!

I'm going to do the same basically with my breathers. I want it invisible as much as possible so will do a little filter behind the A/C like you have and put on a new filter as necessary, even if it's twice a year, who cares!

Zip-Zang bam, new filters aren't that expensive and then you don't have no drip from hoses, no cans, no hoses routed around.

Easy Peasy Japanesey - YouTube
Lol yeah I think I'm gonna leave it for now doesn't look too bad. Just wish that filter was a little smaller.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Odin510
Tourer

Taking them apart for powder coat. There's no way to take the other end apart it's permanently attached to the controls.
I have an 09 bob, different set up. Does the manual give instructions for disassembly? Otherwise you can just cut and splice.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Newellhole
Cruiser

I have an 09 bob, different set up. Does the manual give instructions for disassembly? Otherwise you can just cut and splice.
I only have an owner's manual not much in that, I ended up cutting it I'll just splice it like you said no biggie.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Odin510
Tourer

I only have an owner's manual not much in that, I ended up cutting it I'll just splice it like you said no biggie.
The service manual is worth it's weight in gold!

Old 02-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Hephaestus
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts

Agreed. Best money you will ever spend for your ride. Bikes looking good. Im thinking about doing the same engine breather as well. Im just not sure if I want to keep it behind the AF or use braided steel line to route it somewhere else...

Old 02-07-2016, 12:12 AM
Newellhole
Cruiser

Yeah I definitely need to get one for what I'm doing lol.

Originally Posted by Hephaestus
Agreed. Best money you will ever spend for your ride. Bikes looking good. Im thinking about doing the same engine breather as well. Im just not sure if I want to keep it behind the AF or use braided steel line to route it somewhere else...
I'm still thinking about routing it down underneath the bike somewhere too I'll try this for now though. The only reason I didn't do it is cause I couldn't find any black hose the same size that comes with the VO2. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find some though. Thanks too by the way, I can't wait to get it all done and back together.

Quick Reply: Winter Upgrades 13' FXDB