Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Nightstick and LeatherPro Tsport bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 11:06 PM
Chonk
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default SE Nightstick and LeatherPro Tsport bags

I have a set of the heralded LeatherPro Tsport bags arriving tomorrow and I'm getting ready to outfit my new S right now.

I spoke to Gary at LeatherPro and he was not fully positive about the combination of his bags and the Nightstick since the bottom of his bags are nylon and the exhaust from the Nightstick radiates out in all directions. His aluminum heat shield is just intended to handle radiant heat of the muffler and not hit by exhaust.

So who has practical experience and can say whether or not the bags might be in jeopardy from heat damage?

Thanks in advance.

Chonk

Old 03-26-2016, 09:08 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonk
I have a set of the heralded LeatherPro Tsport bags arriving tomorrow and I'm getting ready to outfit my new S right now.

I spoke to Gary at LeatherPro and he was not fully positive about the combination of his bags and the Nightstick since the bottom of his bags are nylon and the exhaust from the Nightstick radiates out in all directions. His aluminum heat shield is just intended to handle radiant heat of the muffler and not hit by exhaust.

So who has practical experience and can say whether or not the bags might be in jeopardy from heat damage?

Thanks in advance.
Chonk
I have the leather versions and a Supertrapp supermeg which also disperses exhaust through discs and have had no problem in the 1000 or so miles since installing the bags. I'm

Old 03-26-2016, 09:15 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 735 Likes on 505 Posts

You may have to resort to Suede's beat-all to end-all heat shield fixes. I made an aluminum shield with 1/4" space between it and the bottom of the bag, haven't had a problem yet.