Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First ride on the S

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 09:59 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts
Default First ride on the S

I did ride it home 15 miles from the dealer when I got it. But didn't get it on the insurance policy until this morning. I was covered riding home as a new pick up but risky after that.

I first noticed that the TC110 was the least amount of engine noise of any TC that I have had. In addition the mufflers were more quit than any H-D exhaust. I wonder if they are Euro Spec 4.

The only thing that I did so far was to add a bottle opener on the right side fender brace. You just never know when that is needed.

The ride was a local 146 mile loop through several counties. The cross winds were brutal and of course on bad Illinois roads. The bike tracked like a champ and and handled all the bumps firmly but not harsh. I had preset the rear shocks for a 220 lb rider.

I didn't fill the tank after the ride and it was just below the half mark. It looks like the mpg should easily fall into the mid forties.

The little 1/4 fairing did a good job. The wind was about my nose level so it does lift it up some and is not just for looks.

I plan on adding an oil cooler, engine guard and look for an aftermarket exhaust that will compliment the bike.

The solo seat was firm but comfortable. There is no fore or aft room to move but that was not a problem. When you sit on it that's it no shifting around.

I did do the first 50 miles at 50 mph and under 3K rpm after that. So I couldn't tell the difference between it and a TC88. It will need more miles before finding out.

Very pleased with the foot controls and bar location. There doesn't seem to be any thing that I need to adjust or change. Usually I need to move something but not this one.

I think that it is a great riders bike with no wobble, sway or vague steering. It tracks like it is on rail.

When I find my camera (I'm 75 and forgetful) I'll add a pic so you can see how great it looks with a bottle opener.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:14 PM
greggreen
Cruiser
Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts

Just be sure you don't run anything but 87 octane in that bike!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...vs-91-a-2.html

Last edited by greggreen; 05-27-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,703 Likes on 6,690 Posts

Originally Posted by greggreen
If the bike runs good on 87 octane why waste money on premium?

Old 05-27-2016, 10:21 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by greggreen
Good joke! Or I hope it is...I read the link and understand what people are saying. But I know that 91 and up octane is recommended in my turbo charged Buick and I know what happens if you DONT follow that "recommendation".....so I'll have to do a lot of reading and research before I wouldn't follow the HD recommendation.

Also, is it really that much more? A buck a tank? And I know, I know..."if you saved that difference how much would you have after X number of tanks??" Please. Nobody is going to fill up on 87, go home, and put a dollar in a jar. They are going to buy a soda, supersize their fries, or something like that

Glad you like it. I agree on pretty much everything you've noticed as well. I Just got mine today. Got around 35 miles on it so far. Putting it on the insurance tonight and taking it out for a short spin tomorrow, then an 1100 mile trip starting Monday!

Last edited by WH1_T-type; 05-27-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:55 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 838 Likes on 370 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen

Old 05-27-2016, 11:12 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Why greg of course I filled with 87 E10 gas as you know. I run all my bikes on E10 87. Even the 120's in my Freewheeler and Dyna Street bob.

Well there is one exception. When I'm at 5,000 elev. or more I run 85 octane.

PM your address to me and I will ride to your area with one of them and show you how well they run. I'm retired and always looking for a good tour. Since your ride is a CVO I'll bring my 12 RGC CVO and you can decide if you want to put money on my out running you. It will only take a 1/4 mile. It's totally stock.

You've been fairly mouthy so lets see if you put your money where your mouth is.

Last edited by lh4x4; 05-27-2016 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:29 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Why greg of course I filled with 87 E10 gas as you know. I run all my bikes on E10 87. Even the 120's in my Freewheeler and Dyna Street bob.

PM your address to me and I will ride to your area with one of them and show you how well they run. I'm retired and always looking for a good tour. Since your ride is a CVO I'll bring my 12 RGC CVO and you can decide if you want to put money on my out running you. It will only take a 1/4 mile. It's totally stock.

You've been fairly mouthy so lets see if you put your money where your mouth is.
So I'm missing something. By the "tone" I'm going to guess that you are a proponent FOR using 87 and the other poster is giving you a hard time?

By the way, just noticed your rider map as your avatar. Awesome!!! I'm envious. Once I retire from the Navy I'm planning on getting some good long trips in!

Old 05-28-2016, 04:23 PM
greggreen
Cruiser
Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4

So.... let me see if I've got this right. I've castigated you again on a prior thread for posting false and misleading information that could damage other forum members vehicles. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...e-vs-91-a.html

And so now you want to challenge me to a drag race??? I can't think of anything more juvenile. Would this race be kinda like in the olden days, sorta like a duel with flintlocks and everything? Hmmm, if you lose would you promise not to post fictitious B.S. anymore? Might be worth it except the thought of two grandfathers trying to race a couple of 900# bikes that aren't much faster than a Honda Odyssey Minivan doesn't really appeal to me.

No, I'd much rather continue the verbal sparring with you. For me it's kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. Kinda fun, but not very challenging.

Last edited by greggreen; 05-28-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:52 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Post some pics of that bad boy!

Old 05-28-2016, 05:25 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

lh4x4 thread...

Quick Reply: First ride on the S