Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 DYNA inner primary leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 02:58 PM
billybobber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 DYNA inner primary leak

Only about 7K miles on her.
I noticed after a recent oil change i did that oil drops would be all over the floor. Wiped it down good, many rides- still dripping. Pulled drain plug, changed o ring again and used an rtv gasket sealer to boot. still wet and leaking. took to stealer to check out and when he, service manager,put his hand behind and up on the inner primary, it was completely covered in oil. I didnt think to check up there and thought it was either the drain plug or primary gasket. It may be the inner primary seal or maybe even tranny?? Who knows....appt scheduled for the stealer this week. While in there, i will ask they change the inner primary bearing too while it's under warranty. I only hope it last the life of the bike cause changing that thing every 10K miles or so will be a pain in the *** and costly for those who cant do it themselves.
In the mean time, i'm still ridin'

I'll keep you posted, i'm curious to see where the oil is coming from damn it