Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

don't see the fascination with the Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 09:13 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default don't see the fascination with the Low Rider S

with the subject of every other thread on here about how great this bike is, I don't get it , I like the standard low rier much better, and even better than other dynas because it had the most chrome,

the S reminds me of this... it's looks like the whole thing is made of black plastic.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:22 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts
Old 06-27-2016, 09:26 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Now gosh darn it...my feelings are hurt now.....what am I to do.....lol. Its okay dude. Everyone has different taste and someone may say the same of your model. No worries.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Thornsley
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:42 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I'm a fan of the new bike. Of course I'm a fan of the new roadster as well. Good price for a big engine, dual frt brakes and some decent oem parts. Not sure what's not to like albeit people will always modify. I've only sat on the bike and the first thing I noticed were that the grips were too small. Easy Peazy lemon squeezy as my 9 yr old would say!

If I I were buying a new dyna today the S would be on the top of my list.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:49 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

bored? why not start a fire?

Last edited by cvaria; 06-27-2016 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:41 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I pulled my checkbook out and got one the moment I saw one at the dealer. I already had a 14 Low Rider in the garage.

It is a completely different animal in terms of ride, handling and performance.

OP - Where is all the plastic that you are talking about.

Side note: By the time it had 700 miles on it the mgp was already at 50 and I had not done my tricks to it yet.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:18 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

better suspension, good dual disk brakes that most Dynas dont have, and of course bigger engine making more power and all at a fairly reasonable price. Thats the draw to the Low rider S, and IMO it makes no resemblance to a yamaha bolt.

Personally I think they really limit the customer of the bike with the gold wheels and only available in black (for now) But over all its a pretty good bike, and a nice step up over a standard dyna.

And personally I think the all chromed out bikes are ugly AF, for me a nice clean looking bike with a balanced mix of chrome and black looks best. I think too much chrome is gaudy, and a blacked out bike especially matte/ denim paints looks trashy and cheap. Point is, it comes down to personal preference and thats why everybody's bike is different.

The following users liked this post:
hd4evr2008 (06-28-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 11:26 PM
kit05
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe

with the subject of every other thread on here about how great this bike is, I don't get it , I like the standard low rier much better, and even better than other dynas because it had the most chrome,

the S reminds me of this... it's looks like the whole thing is made of black plastic.
I agree! Been riding the "club style" bike for 20 years , they were never intended to be all black and shitty looking... I also agree that every one has different tastes but that's a poor rendition by harley.

I like my 2015 , I have upgraded basically everything that I would have on a S model . And the way I see it is if I'm going to spend a little more on a bigger engine might as well throw a 124" in it.

Club bikes were always the best of function and looks which always included a fare amount of Chrome. Black bikes only became popular with that stupid *** show sons. Lame!

That being said the S model in my opinion is a weekend warrior lame *** excuse for a bike same as any other basic stocker!

Old 06-27-2016, 11:40 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,678 Likes on 6,684 Posts

Originally Posted by kit05
I agree! Been riding the "club style" bike for 20 years , they were never intended to be all black and shitty looking.

Club bikes were always the best of function and looks which always included a fare amount of Chrome. Black bikes only became popular with that stupid *** show sons. Lame!
Club bikes in the Bay Area in the '80s & '90s were pretty much all FXR's & most of them had a lot of chrome, nice paint, & ran real good. I'm not sure where the paint everything black deal got started. Most of us just figured that those were the guys that didn't have the $$$ or were tweakers that got carried away with a rattlecan.

The following users liked this post:
103 sedona orange (07-03-2016)

Quick Reply: don't see the fascination with the Low Rider S