Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Quarter Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Ebay Quarter Fairing

I have seen bits a pieces here and there but no full of reviews. The price seems good. Is the fairing decent? What else is needed to fit a SB? I have read where some folks have make the included bracket work. Any pics? How is the black paint? Thanks!

Old 10-23-2016, 07:37 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I have one on mine. The one I got was injection molded in black so not the same as paint (basically ready for paint). The biggest problem with the kit is that it is designed to be used on bikes with top triple mounted headlights that have the eyebrow. There is no place, with the kit, to solidly mount the lower part of the fairing.

My solution was to enlarge the bracket openings so that I could use the riser bolts to mount the bracket to the underside of the top triple. Then I had to use a Dremel to enlarge the headlight opening. I removed the headlight assembly, mounted the fairing to the bracket, then slid the headlight bucket back through the fairing and attached it to the mounting block. This system then uses the headlight bucket as a makeshift mounting point for the fairing. The big difference is that the headlight won't sit behind the fairing (which some prefer). But, the more you open up the headlight area of the fairing, the more flush it will sit back inside the fairing. I actually wanted the fairing to sit lower than it does with all the original mounting system, so I changed out the headlight mounting block to move it out and down. Then had to adjust the bracket bend to match.

The way I have it, the fairing is pretty solidly mounted and I have ridden with it for two riding seasons with no issues.

Last edited by veritas.archangel; 10-23-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:24 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Thanks but I am looking at the quarter fairing. It looks like the HD version. The one on your bike is more of a cafe style.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:40 AM
bdehlin
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've just installed one on my bike last week and I love it! On my XL I had a HD headlight visor, ness fairing, conely's quarter fairing, and a HD quarter fairing, my favorite of which was the HD quarter fairing. Looking for an inexpensive route I figured I would give this a shot. It bolted right up to my quick detach 39mm hardware, but the bracket look exactly like the bung king 49mm QR, and others have mounted it that way with success. Quality is below the Harley fairing, but better than the other offerings I've tried in the past. Overall a great purchase at an awesome price.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:56 AM
sn95bullitt
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Mine is the Harley one but this will give you a idea of how it looks on our paint color.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:16 PM
ALstew
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

is it just my eye? Or is the ebay quarter fairing shaped different than the HD one?

Old 10-24-2016, 01:09 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by sn95bullitt
Mine is the Harley one but this will give you a idea of how it looks on our paint color.
That looks fantastic. How functional is it? Any pics from the front? I am trying to work the paint scheme out...

Last edited by Northbound Southerner; 10-24-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:12 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by bdehlin
I've just installed one on my bike last week and I love it! On my XL I had a HD headlight visor, ness fairing, conely's quarter fairing, and a HD quarter fairing, my favorite of which was the HD quarter fairing. Looking for an inexpensive route I figured I would give this a shot. It bolted right up to my quick detach 39mm hardware, but the bracket look exactly like the bung king 49mm QR, and others have mounted it that way with success. Quality is below the Harley fairing, but better than the other offerings I've tried in the past. Overall a great purchase at an awesome price.

Looks great.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:59 PM
CLukens
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$100 off ebay , bought Memphis shades clamps decent for the money and all fiberglass.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:13 AM
sn95bullitt
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

This one is one that I seen at a dealership. The paint rounds of at the bottom unlike mine which goes straight down.

This one is mine.

Quick Reply: Ebay Quarter Fairing