Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 FXDLS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:37 PM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Timhorton
i hear you on the size thing. i just wanted to see if it would bit under my fairing but the size of the thing I'm worried it might hit my fender when i compress the shocks. Id like to see the extra light that Rigid produces because its only 2000 lumens and not 11000 like the baja.
Photos as promised. The Rigid puts out 2250 and the Baja I have throws out 4000. The Rigid may be less, but its compact and it will fit good. Id love to mount up the Baja but I think it will look funky.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:41 PM
Timhorton
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya your right that is a little bit wide. the tabs stick out so far passed the forks

Old 02-24-2017, 06:47 PM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser

Stopped by the stealership to order some replacement parts- mirrors, flush mount fuel caps, brake pedal/lever, and a new filter. I went with the SE filter as opposed to the OEM filter that came with the bike. Same exact function, just a hair different. This filter is a little shorter and not round like the stock one, more of an oval shape. The backplate and intake tube also mounts differently. Got it installed and looking better. I almost went with a standard round Hi-flow filter but I like how this saved the tank and I always have a hard time finding a cool looking cover for the round Hi-flows. The black bar pictured under the filter mounts on the outside and has a Screaming Eagle sticker, But I decided to not install it, I think Im going to drop it off at the painters and have him throw some lettering in there, just not sure what yet.

So those of you who are wondering, Im 90% sure you could just buy the filter itself and put it on the stock S tube. If you wanted to 86 that long round filter, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:36 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Very Nice.

: Mike

Old 02-26-2017, 07:15 PM
Mightyxxdan
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want to be clear about the Handel bar install. Cause I want to do the install myself
Stock wiring is long enough.
Clutch cable and break lines from a street bob will work fine.
Looking to get lucky daves 13.
Thanks.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:18 AM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mightyxxdan
I just want to be clear about the Handel bar install. Cause I want to do the install myself
Stock wiring is long enough.
Clutch cable and break lines from a street bob will work fine.
Looking to get lucky daves 13.
Thanks.
Stock wiring will work - yes.
Clutch from a street bob will work - yes
Brake lines from street bob - no. you need a ABS brake line. Aftermarket Brake lines for a Fat Bob will work, Magnum Shielding, Goodridge, etc.

The following 2 users liked this post by TheSSPirate:
17FiXxXeR75 (03-05-2017), Mightyxxdan (02-28-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 09:32 AM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser

Been kind of MIA lately, work has been busy and Ive been waiting on parts for the bike. Got my cables in from Magnum Shielding and got my clutch installed, going to do the brakes tomorrow or Monday. Clutch was simple as always and I have plenty of slack in the lines which is what I wanted, Ill post up exact lengths on the lines when I do the brakes tomorrow. Picked up some HD mirrors Ive always wanted to try out. I like them better than the stock style mirrors that come with the bike. Im supposed to pick up paint today or Monday and wheels will be back from powder early next week hopefully. Its finally looking somewhat like a bike again.

Also a little tip for those of you with or thinking about Performance Machine/Avon grips. Ive had like 3 sets of these grips in the past and for whatever reason, no matter how much Loc Tite I use, the set screws always come loose and grips end up slipping off mid ride. So I started putting two strips on electrical tape on the handle bar and I put a very small dimple on the bar itself where the two set screws sit in the grip. I didn't grab a pic of the dimple, but you get the point. It works and its nice reassurance that they won't come flying off in your hand mid corner or whatever.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:20 AM
brasher
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

**** I just installed some Avon tbw grips. Haven't gone for a ride yet but they seems somewhat planted in there.

I didn't glue the clutch side as the perch always has enough clamp to hold them in place.

First ride ill keep it in mind thanks.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:59 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Those mirrors look cool as hell. Nice!

Old 03-05-2017, 11:41 AM
tofumushrooman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those Black Pearl lines look real good, I ordered some Friday, but was not able to get a picture of how black they really are. Good build, my bikes in the shop currently for a spill as well, just waiting to get it back to throw some 12" lucky daves on.

I had the same thought about the air filter, I like the oval one you went with.

Quick Reply: 17 FXDLS Build Thread