Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 FXDLS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 11:06 AM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Timhorton
I'm curious to see how the gauges mounted on the bars look completed. Im doing that to mine but i was going to get the BBC kit. but to save 300$ I'm going to do what you did. I have the Trashin bars and risers so i won't need the accutronix mount.

Also curious about the clutch cable and brake line extensions. Will be waiting to hear what you do there.
I went with Magnum Shielding lines. They should be here by the end of next week along with the BBC stuff too.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:07 AM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I'm envious as heck of that purple bike. I'm following the same route on my fxdls as yours I hope. Wedding in may has me having to wait but keep up the good work.
Thanks! The S is pretty rad, but theres something dangerously fun about the purple bike. Its just a mechanical monster, very analog in a digital bike world.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:35 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSSPirate
I went with Magnum Shielding lines. They should be here by the end of next week along with the BBC stuff too.
i thought you said you bought a line for the fat bob? What happened to that? Did it not work? Just wondering cause I'm about ready to order it and put my apes on.

The following users liked this post:
SASK_RT (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Timhorton
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few more goodies for those still interested. Picked up some essentials to mount the gauges on the bars. Here is the part numbers, they've been listed before but Im posting them again in this thread. The total for this was $168.47 new from HD. Luckily, none of these are obsolete...yet.

2361 x1 - screws to hold the back plate to the gauges (they come in a pack of 5)
67319-95 x2 - tach cover without the button hole
67344-97 x2 - rear rubber grommet
63745-97 x2 - front rubber grommet
67338-97 x1 - tach/speedo mount

I have yet to get a harness, I think Im going to save myself the hassle and buy the Big Bear Choppers harness for $100. I have to buy a gauge mount bracket too since I have the one piece Lucky Daves bars going on. Ill probably pick up an Accutronix mount. LA Choppers makes one for about half the price of Accutronix so I may go with that instead. I still have to work out the issue of filling the holes in the dash. Haven't gotten that far yet, but back in the day I fiddled around with kydex and gun holsters so I may whip something up out of some .090 black Kydex. Or Ill get two more gauge back plates and use those for the time being until I get something fancy going.

Also, the bike is being torn apart this next week and going to get fixed and painted, some parts powder coated, and installed so progress will continue on my, I hate to use the term "build", and things will get rolling. I don't consider it a build but "the action of bolting on parts other than stock" is well under way haha

Are you sure our gauges will fit in there. i thought the newer dynas had a larger diameter gauge than the old dynas??? I will trust you, I'm just trying to clarify, did you actually fit the gauges into the mounts yet?

Old 02-18-2017, 04:46 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

A few more goodies for those still interested. Picked up some essentials to mount the gauges on the bars. Here is the part numbers, they've been listed before but Im posting them again in this thread. The total for this was $168.47 new from HD. Luckily, none of these are obsolete...yet.

2361 x1 - screws to hold the back plate to the gauges (they come in a pack of 5)
67319-95 x2 - tach cover without the button hole
67344-97 x2 - rear rubber grommet
63745-97 x2 - front rubber grommet
67338-97 x1 - tach/speedo mount
How did I not see this!! Would have helped in my searching last night. I ordered the same last night but got the back cover with the button hole for the speedo. Just emailed boardtracker to change and get 2 of 67319-95. Glad I saw this!

Old 02-18-2017, 08:22 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
i thought you said you bought a line for the fat bob? What happened to that? Did it not work? Just wondering cause I'm about ready to order it and put my apes on.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had used lines for an abs Fat Bob and on my "S" and they work just fine, however the Magnum lines have more of a custom look.

The following users liked this post:
SASK_RT (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 02:18 PM
Timhorton
Intermediate

Any of you guys try to get rid of your abs? Im going to buy new front and rear brake lines and just bypass the brake block under the lower triple tree.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:20 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

**** no. Why would you want to bypass your abs? I never wanted abs on my bike but I did use it once and since then I'd much rather have it.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Timhorton
Intermediate

I don't want it. i don't feel the need to have it. All of the bikes i owned never had it so I'm used to not having it and also i like to have full control of the bike. Just my opinion. each to their own.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:49 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

No argument there. But I said the same thing before I bought the lrs. I was actually pissed I couldn't get the bike without it same thing with cruise control.

Quick Reply: 17 FXDLS Build Thread