Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a Gremlin Bell imediately!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:10 PM
lone rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Gremlin Bell imediately!

After only having my bike back a week after accident repairs, the Gremlins struck again! I went on a ritcheous trip to see my mom(not doing too well atthe moment)she lives about 250 miles away from me. So off i go at 8am Sunday morning, it's a fabulousday, i'm gonna enjoy this me thinks. I stop for coffee once i getnorthof London, iputmy full kit on, wind proof trousers etc. I'm really feelin' like a knight of old on his trusty steed. I ride for a good couple of hours and the end of my journey is drawing nearer, i exit the motorway and hit some minor roads through the beautiful country side of my home county, Yorkshire. Oooh i love this sh*t...then BANG!!! the back tyre blows out and shes all over the place, it takes all my experience to stop her from throwing me off and so we come to a stop. B*llox thats done it, theend of my quest and the end of my fun...now where's the number for recovery. It's taken me most of the day(Monday) to get the fixed up and ride the 250 miles home. My moms husband now calls the bike "Lucky", NOT!

Old 11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Buying a Gremlin Bell imediately!

First off, I hope your Mom is doing better. Sorry to hear about the blow-out, though.Sounds like you did a good job on the recovery. Although you mention nothing about your laundryLosing a back tire, you can easily put it down if you over react. And the bells work better(keeping gremlins away) if you recieve it as a gift.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't buy it....won't work unless its a gift from someone....at least thats the tale of the legend.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

Friends Don't Leg Friends Ride Without a Bell

Old 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Send me and\ address. I'll pick up a bell tomorrow and get it in the mailto you before you perish from the soil of this Earth.

After you get it, pay it forward.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

Glad your okay, and hope your Mom is better

I guess running mine outa gas the other day wasn't such a tradgety, after all...............

DougJ

Old 11-06-2007, 12:22 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

My understanding of the lore is that you can buy yourself a bell, but the power is magnafied if given as a gift.

"Have you experienced strange and inexplicable difficulties such as: your bike won't start, gears won't shift, loose wires, etc.? Maybe it is because you have got the evil road gremlins. Gremlins are tiny monsters that like to destroy and wreak havoc wherever they go. They can not tolerate the bell because the bell represents order and justice, therefore, they climb inside the bell to destroy it. If you hang the bell on your bike, the constant ringing of the bell will drive them crazy and force them to fall off your bike.
When you buy a bell for yourself, you receive good luck. If you buy the bells for your friends, they get double luck. Often, friends and couples buy bells and exchange them with each other. You can never have too much luck.
Also, every time the bell rings, your angel spreads her wings and looks down upon you."

Another:

To ward off “evil road spirits,†bikers dangle bells near the front wheel. The “freedom†or “spirit†bells are steeped in bike lore and tradition. The powers of the bell are magnified if it is given as a gift by someone who cares.
The belief behind the bells is so strong, in fact, that many bikers won’t ride without them.
According to the legend, the bell traps the evil road spirits within its hollow. The constant ringing drives them insane. Pot holes in the road — legend says — are formed when the evil spirits hit the ground.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

Pot holes in the road — legend says — are formed when the evil spirits hit the ground.
Dang, we must have a tone of evil spirits around these parts, some roads, looks like they are getting ejected every couple of feet!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:41 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Herr Monk

ORIGINAL: jakeiniraq

Pot holes in the road — legend says — are formed when the evil spirits hit the ground.
Dang, we must have a tone of evil spirits around these parts, some roads, looks like they are getting ejected every couple of feet!

I was thinking the same thing. Michigan roads are notorious for their 'lack of smoothness'. Too bad the gremlins don't fill in the pot holes when they fall off...

Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
lone rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've sent John my address, i can't even buy one, the guy on E Bay who sells them won't post to the UK.

Quick Reply: Buying a Gremlin Bell imediately!