Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kickstand spring maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:31 PM
thecabinboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kickstand spring maybe?

When I ride and hit a decent bump a hear a noise that I think sounds like my kickstand is flopping down and then springing back. Has anyone had any issues with the spring losing tension?

Old 11-25-2007, 08:33 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Kickstand spring maybe?

Haven't seen posts in a while, but if you look for the dyna clunk....some folks found it was the kickstand. I know the rubber stop on the frame on mine was not in the right place and it made the kickstand hit the frame.

And while you are on the ground checking it...I have read a few posts about the kickstand spring coming off...I used safety wire on mine just for fun

Old 11-25-2007, 08:53 PM
ss377
Road Captain

My kick stand fell shortly after I got it. We were going down the interstate. I sounded like the bottom of the engine coming apart. The spring was hanging and the stand was flopping. We tied it to the frame and went to the dealer. The rubber bumper was misaligned. They repositioned the bumper and reattached the spring. Haven't had a problem with it for 2 years and 28,000 miles. Also had a big clunk when I hid a bump right after the dealer replaced the 8 deg. injectors with 25 deg. injectors. Seems the rear gas tank mounting bolt is slightly longer than the front and they got them mixed up reinstalling the tank. The bolt bottomed out in the acorn nut and was not getting the tank tight. A simple swap of the bolts took care of that.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:35 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Mine clanks against the frame on bumps. Need to look at and make sure the bumper is intact. Thanks for the reminder!

Old 11-26-2007, 10:53 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Bumper move quite easily especially if the bike has been on a lift First thing after lifting check bumper.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had the noise, but my kick stand would pop up as soon as I stood the bike up. The problem was that when puting it down, I would have to hold it out while I set the bike on it... I never gave it a thought, but when I traded it in they asked me about it. I always thought it was a safety thing so you would not drive off with it down(I have never done that) but I could see where it may happen... But they tell me that is not normal? I guess I will see when I get the new bike... I traded it in as I will have no part in a bike with a malfunctioning kick stand...LOL J/K!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 PM
thecabinboy
Cruiser

Found the problem. The rubber boot had spun around letting the kickstand just barely make metal to metal contact but would compress when over a bump and probably when I kicked it up to take off but never noticed.