Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

P

Old 01-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Hang Around
Default How to connect add-on run/brake tail lights

I am going to connect DOGZEYES LED light from Radiantz that replaces OEM turn light bulb and combines turn / run / brake light in one. So, I have two wires (one for run, one for brake) that I need to connect somewhere on the board of the tail light (I guess). Can anybody recommend the best way of doing it? The ground wire wil be common with the turn light so I need to connect only the two wires mentioned above. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Sponsor
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Powder-Pro-Custom-Powdercoating/24

pull off your tail light you will see them... if you have a little pod or something to hook up, if you pull your battery and battery box, right behind it is the wire harness for the back of the bike, just look in your service manual to see what plug numbers are the one you need and splice it in right there!
www.thepowderpro.com
Joe Knapp, Chicago IL
Custom powdercoating work, fork bag stereo's, and much more

95", Welded & trued crank, lefty bearing, Heads by WFOLarry, andrews 37 cams, Andrew's 30T power pulley, 70t rear pulley, barnett clutch spring, tapered pushrods, flat top pistons, 25* injectors, Ported and polished throttle body, lockhart oil cooler, storz steering damper: 98HP and 103TQ
Old 01-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Hang Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRK5892 View Post
pull off your tail light you will see them... if you have a little pod or something to hook up, if you pull your battery and battery box, right behind it is the wire harness for the back of the bike, just look in your service manual to see what plug numbers are the one you need and splice it in right there!
Where do you suggest to splice the wires? At the frond end (behind the battery) and drag the wires to back or at the back end? I was afraid that there is not enough space at the back end to hide the junction into the tail light so it will be exposed to mud.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Sponsor
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Powder-Pro-Custom-Powdercoating/24

what are you installing... what does it look like, show me that and i can best advise you on this...
www.thepowderpro.com
Joe Knapp, Chicago IL
Custom powdercoating work, fork bag stereo's, and much more

95", Welded & trued crank, lefty bearing, Heads by WFOLarry, andrews 37 cams, Andrew's 30T power pulley, 70t rear pulley, barnett clutch spring, tapered pushrods, flat top pistons, 25* injectors, Ported and polished throttle body, lockhart oil cooler, storz steering damper: 98HP and 103TQ
Old 01-20-2009, 08:22 PM
muderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteW View Post
I am going to connect DOGZEYES LED light from Radiantz that replaces OEM turn light bulb and combines turn / run / brake light in one. So, I have two wires (one for run, one for brake) that I need to connect somewhere on the board of the tail light (I guess). Can anybody recommend the best way of doing it? The ground wire wil be common with the turn light so I need to connect only the two wires mentioned above. Thanks in advance!

Monte, not knowing what year we are working with..............
there is an unused 3 hole AMP connection inside the tailight
on the 006 and up Dynas (lower left in the diagram below).

If you want a nice clean job, you can use this.......
.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Senior Rider

I had to splice the whole wiring harness in the rear tail light so there is plenty of room back there.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Hang Around

Thank you, Mudpuddle!
That is exactly what I was hoping for! I've noticed this unused AMP (on my Dyna 08) but couldn't find the purpose of it and wiring diagram in the Service Manual. I'm gonna use it!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:29 PM

P