Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too many pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 PM
20LowRider02
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too many pegs?

My dad sent me some highway mounts and pegs. I popped those on and just recently I put my mid mounts on just for another position for my legs. So that's 4 sets of pegs on my bike now!!

I am planning on going on some long trips...Vegas, LA, San Diego, etc. So it will be nice to have the different position options...but does it look goofy? In my opinion it does slightly. Especially because they are 4 different kinds of pegs! I just don't have the $$ to match them all yet.

I showed a pic to my dad and he jokingly named her "Peggy".

I'm planning on changing out my bags with some Road King Classic bags, so the Dyna will look like a mini bagger of sorts. I do love the stripped down look, but I ride this everywhere and I need function. Someday I'll get a bagger and then strip the Dyna...someday.

I'm open to opinions...no matter how harsh!!

Old 04-11-2009, 07:57 PM
TheBigBear
Advanced

Dosn't matter what others think,make it right for you.Dosn't look bad to me,if thats what your asking.Was thinking of adding a crash bar to my 06 lowrider,but have not decided if I like them or not.And would like to maybe add forward controls,if I do though,i'll remove mid pegs.And no it dosn't look goofy...lol

Old 04-11-2009, 08:43 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me it looks to be a bit much, but to each his own. In my opinion it would look better if the pegs matched or at least were of the same theme. Maybe go something thin and inconspicuous for the mids.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have forwards and when I want to move my legs on a long trip, I will use the rear pegs...sort of looks like a crotch rocket position.

If you have a passanger on these trips, it's not an option, but maybe you could get rid of the mid pegs which would knock it down to 3 sets.

I know it's comfortable for the bagger guys to put their feet up on those front pegs, but it does make me laugh a little. It looks especially funny when they have the pegs up really high.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:01 PM
cpl215
Tourer

Doesn't look too bad, and definatly looks comfortable. If it works for you roll with it.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:07 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HEY Who freakin cares? I don't You do what you can, when you can. I spent half my life worrying about things like that. Now I figure, "it ain't your scooter, f^^k off.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:13 PM
883 IRON
Tourer

I just added highway pegs, I have mid controls though. I have to say I really enjoy stretching out in a different position, even going back to the mids after I've been stretched out awhile feels good to bend the legs for a piece. I'm new to the Harley thing, but one thing I've learned is that people make their bikes the way they want them, to suit their own needs, so I agree, do what is right for you.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:17 PM
EasyGT
Cruiser

i was thinking of doing the same thing. I have forward controls but cuz im so short the mids are comfy to change position to.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 PM
BlackOak
Tourer

Do ur own thing Dude, but making them at least match would be what I'd do.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Goddahavit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just ride, if the pegs help you get where your going dont worry..

hey everyone likes a different look, but unless your trailering it, your the one putting the mile on right?

just enjoy, its the journey not the destination...

Eric

Quick Reply: Too many pegs?