Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purolator Pure One ML16822C Oil Filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 PM
gdt3
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Purolator Pure One ML16822C Oil Filter

Does anyone have the best source for this hard to find, but arguably the best filter for a Dyna. I have done a ton of research and in every test I have read, this filter out performs everything else. However, I am finding it very difficult to find these filters and need to access them through mail order.
By the way, the filter material in these filters is synthetic.
Thanks for any help you can provide and Happy New Year.

Last edited by gdt3; 01-08-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Can ya point to the test where it beats the stock HD filter?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:12 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure where you are, but K-Mart and Advanced Auto Parts stores carry the Purolator brands here in N. Ga. But, I've looked at them and they are White. Don't really think that a white filter would look good on my Road King. I prefer to use the chrome HD filter, as it's the cheapest piece of chrome on the bike. LOL

Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 PM
gdt3
Tourer

Originally Posted by lrays280z
Not sure where you are, but K-Mart and Advanced Auto Parts stores carry the Purolator brands here in N. Ga. But, I've looked at them and they are White. Don't really think that a white filter would look good on my Road King. I prefer to use the chrome HD filter, as it's the cheapest piece of chrome on the bike. LOL
I'm in the Northwest and I can't find anything here or on mail order. The filter number I quoted is chrome and it also comes in black. It is in the $15 range.
Purolator lists a whole group of companies that carry their product, but I can't find one of them that lists that filter on their site. I'd even settle for black ones.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:33 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Besides the Purolator, have you read anything about Wix filters? I've read some good reviews on these. They come in blk and chrome and are sold at O'reilly Auto Parts stores here where I am.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:39 PM
gdt3
Tourer

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Can ya point to the test where it beats the stock HD filter?
Sorry, I wish I could help you, but I have gone through so many sites and have not saved them as I was doing it for my own knowledge and not as any debate leader. There is a ton of info on the Oil thread in this forum. Even that thread takes hours to read, if you go out to all the links that have been posted. Which I have actually taken the time to do. There are some really knowledgeable guys on that thread. I can't remember who makes the Harley filter, but their oil is supposed to be made by Citgo. I believe someone has posted who it is made by though. There is one posting that identifies who makes all Harley lubricant products.
Mobile 1 and Pure One by Purolator, were consistently the top filters, with Pure One being the #1 rated filter consistently. I am no expert and have no intentions of trying to justify my position, because it is just my position and I'm not trying to convert anyone else. These sites are readily available for anyone that wants to do the open minded google work and the lengthy reading on this forum. Again, my apologies for not having saved the links.
Cheers

Old 01-08-2010, 10:48 PM
gdt3
Tourer

Originally Posted by lrays280z
Besides the Purolator, have you read anything about Wix filters? I've read some good reviews on these. They come in blk and chrome and are sold at O'reilly Auto Parts stores here where I am.
I currently am using Chrome Wix filters, because they got a decent rating and you can get them through Rockauto.com for less than $10 each. It's just that I have done so much research lately that I have concluded that I want to use the Pure One, by Purolator. I just want the very best for my bike as I just got it recently and I will probably keep it for a very long time.
I went to the very best oil that I could find, as well, and that is damned expensive. There are a very few oils at the top of the food chain and the're all probably close and all damned expensive. They are true esther based synthetics. Example: my Primary oil was $30 a liter and the tranny and engine oil were $19 a liter. I won't say what it is, because I don't want to get into the middle of a debate. There are already dozens of pages of debate on that subject on this forum. Heck, I'm not truly convinced I'm being smart.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:27 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

gdt3.... the only thing I'm bringing up is... is your opinion based on marketing "text hype", or actual 3rd part engineering tests?.... or other 'users' opinions.

There is very little actual 3rd party testing info to be had.... and it's hard to believe a report put out by a manufacturer, comparing it's products to a bunch of others, when lo and behold... it's product comes out on top.

Most of us make our decisions based on other people's experience and opinions, and not hard data... just an interesting observation is all..

Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
HDMike96
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
gdt3.... the only thing I'm bringing up is... is your opinion based on marketing "text hype", or actual 3rd part engineering tests?.... or other 'users' opinions.

There is very little actual 3rd party testing info to be had.... and it's hard to believe a report put out by a manufacturer, comparing it's products to a bunch of others, when lo and behold... it's product comes out on top.

Most of us make our decisions based on other people's experience and opinions, and not hard data... just an interesting observation is all..

Every product typically has a group of fanboys. Funny to see people go outta there way to bash stuff just because its not what they perfer.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 PM
joesride
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not know much about the pure one filter for a Harley, But for what its worth i have cut open a harley filter and it looked like a very well made filter inside.I see no reason not to use the Harley filters.

Quick Reply: Purolator Pure One ML16822C Oil Filter