Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purolator Pure One ML16822C Oil Filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
gdt3
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
gdt3.... the only thing I'm bringing up is... is your opinion based on marketing "text hype", or actual 3rd part engineering tests?.... or other 'users' opinions.

There is very little actual 3rd party testing info to be had.... and it's hard to believe a report put out by a manufacturer, comparing it's products to a bunch of others, when lo and behold... it's product comes out on top.

Most of us make our decisions based on other people's experience and opinions, and not hard data... just an interesting observation is all..
I agree with your 2nd & 3rd statement wholeheartedly. That's why I always do my own research and read everything I can get my hands on - including manufacturers websites - which should answer your first statement. It is only fair to read their propaganda, as long as you are able to separate the propaganda from biased reporting from actual comparable fact. I have found the worst manufacturer for that to be Amzoil. They have a good product, but I detest their approach to convincing me of it. Most people aren't willing to take the huge amount of time that it takes to properly research a product and that's fine, because there aren't really many really bad products out there.
There are a lot of oil filter tests out there for both motorcycle and car. They are really the same product for the most part, as far as CONSTRUCTION goes. However, there is a need to make sure that the filter is properly spec'd for your bike, or you could end up in trouble. I was focused on construction and would never put a filter on my bike that wasn't specifically listed for it. You have to be concerned with bypass requirements, oil flow and micron level filtering.
All the stuff I found was by Google search of "motorcycle+oil+filters+test"
as well as reading all the threads on this site.
It is quite interesting, sometimes entertaining, reading the comments from the blind followers versus the people who actually do a little studying.
I'm still trying to find a source for these filters.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Plugged it into Google and the second listing was this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Purolator-ML16.../dp/B000ICRIT6

$16.30 for a two pack and free shipping on orders over $25. So buy two packs (4 ttl filters) and get them delivered for $32.60 or about 8 bux each.

For those who prefer black,
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ICRIY6/...SIN=B000ICRIY6

Even cheaper at $9.46 for a two pack. You'll have to buy six filters to get the free shipping.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:52 AM
gdt3
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
Plugged it into Google and the second listing was this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Purolator-ML16.../dp/B000ICRIT6

$16.30 for a two pack and free shipping on orders over $25. So buy two packs (4 ttl filters) and get them delivered for $32.60 or about 8 bux each.

For those who prefer black,
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ICRIY6/...SIN=B000ICRIY6

Even cheaper at $9.46 for a two pack. You'll have to buy six filters to get the free shipping.
Thanks Taddeoeg. Question asked and answered. Embarrassing though. For some reason, I never go to anything Amazon and therefore missed the easy solution. I guess I had an unwarranted prejudice I didn't know about. So you taught me 2 things.
Happy New Year.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:20 AM
ppd1107
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gdt3
I'm in the Northwest and I can't find anything here or on mail order. The filter number I quoted is chrome and it also comes in black. It is in the $15 range.
Purolator lists a whole group of companies that carry their product, but I can't find one of them that lists that filter on their site. I'd even settle for black ones.
If you are in the northwest Bimart has them