Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary Lights Not Burning

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:11 PM
christopheramos
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary Lights Not Burning

Hey guys. I've had my bike a couple months now, and I just noticed that the front auxiliary lights are not burning. The switch doesn't turn them on or off, and they won't come on in either high or low beam settings.

Crap. Any idea why they might not be burning? Recently I took apart the left switch housing to replace the switch caps. And now I just noticed that the aux lights aren't burning. I am not sure, but they might have stopped burning before I changed out the switch caps. So that may not have had anything to do with it.

Any ideas? Thanks guys. Check out this hamster:

Old 07-23-2010, 05:15 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

fuse, bad switch, both burned, short, bad ground... pretty much just start trouble shooting - start with fuse (inline fuse if they were installed aftermarket?) and checking power to the switch and power from switch to the lights

Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 PM
christopheramos
Intermediate

UPDATE: I just realized that I don't have the switch hooked back up. So maybe the switch isn't grounded? I put the housing back together and reattached the clutch handle. Then I put the mirror back on and then the left turn signal (which attaches to the bottom of the mirror stem). For the life of I me I can't remember where this aux light switch was originally attached! I tried to attach it to the mirror stem as well, but it doesn't fit that way. Does anyone know where on the left hand side this aux switch attaches?