Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob stock headlamp bulb upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Fixintu
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob stock headlamp bulb upgrade

I see some folks have upgraded the stock headlamp bulbs on their Fat Bobs with the Sylvania Silver Star H13 ST bulbs. Has anyone installed the Philips X-Treme Power H13 bulbs? They claim to have an output of up to 80% more light. I had a set on my last Kawasaki and they really kicked ***. A HUGE improvement. Anyone tried them in the Fat Bob?

http://www.bulbs.com/eSpec.aspx?ID=15032

Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, but the true question is 80% more than what? Other bulbs of the same value, or just the standard stock bulbs.
Gotta love marketing ploys...............

Yes, after-market bulbs that are brighter than stock, are better................No Rocket Science there.

Whatever brand you are comfortable with is fine.

ps: I have the Sylvania Silver Star H13 ST bulbs right now..............There OK, I have had those Bright blue ones some Euro thingy or another and the were bright, but not as good as I had hoped for. I am going to try the extreme style bulbs next whether it be Sylvania brand or Philips I have not made up my mind as of yet.

Last edited by SteveO-ll; 10-11-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Fixintu
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll
Yea, but the true question is 80% more than what? Other bulbs of the same value, or just the standard stock bulbs.
Gotta love marketing ploys...............

Yes, after-market bulbs that are brighter than stock, are better................No Rocket Science there.

Whatever brand you are comfortable with is fine.

ps: I have the Sylvania Silver Star H13 ST bulbs right now..............There OK, I have had those Bright blue ones some Euro thingy or another and the were bright, but not as good as I had hoped for. I am going to try the extreme style bulbs next whether it be Sylvania brand or Philips I have not made up my mind as of yet.
How much of a difference were the Sylvanias over stock?