Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Crush Gear Carbon/Kevlar helmet...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skull Crush Gear Carbon/Kevlar helmet...

Ok guys, i know we all go back and forth about helmets almost as much as we do choice of oil, so i thought id throw my "hat" in the ring as it were. Its a lagre 3/4 carbon fiber and kevlar helmet from http://www.skullcrushgear.com/ . Its not D.O.T approved, but ya dont have to be here in my area of ohio. Its super low profile, wicked light and really well fitting. I figure the layered carbon fiber and kevlar should do a good job at keeping my melon intact should it ever find its way to the pavement. Keep in mind when looking at the pics i have a 24" skull...
Not saying its the best, but in my humble opinion its damn close...

Attached Thumbnails Skull Crush Gear Carbon/Kevlar helmet...-2011-04-28_16-22-26_673.jpg   Skull Crush Gear Carbon/Kevlar helmet...-2011-04-28_16-22-38_621.jpg  
Old 04-28-2011, 04:06 PM
USMC2010
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Somebody posted a picture of his boy after a recent crash wearing a 3/4 helmet. I also new someone in High School that had a highway crash with a fullface and it wore down instead of his face. I would ask, if you don't have to wear one but choose to, why a 3/4?

Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 PM
cjlandry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A cop once gave my friend a hard time about his little half-shell helmet. Asked him, "What's that little thing gonna protect you from?" My friend replied, "A ___-damned ticket!"

Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM
MAGNYS
Road Warrior

just ordered a flat black one w/ quick detach and no visor snaps!
now if summer would ever f-ing get here!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer

Originally Posted by USMC2010
Somebody posted a picture of his boy after a recent crash wearing a 3/4 helmet. I also new someone in High School that had a highway crash with a fullface and it wore down instead of his face. I would ask, if you don't have to wear one but choose to, why a 3/4?

I work at a level 1 trauma ICU as an RN and ive seen pretty much every way a person can be injured at least once... Ive seen helmets (like seatbelts) save lives, as well as take them in some odd instances. In an ideal world we would all be wearing full faces and leather racing suits with out a doubt. Mainly i wanted a 3/4 for the looks, but having said that i also wanted the lowest profile lightest one i could find. And how could it not make an impression on ya to have your head wrapped in carbon fiber and kevlar??
I will say one thing for sure, i never get on my scoot without a pair of leather gloves, Its a long story as to why but once ya see a man quite literally without any hands but ok otherwise due to laying a bike down ok the hghwy at speed without any gloves on, that... now that has made a lifelong impression...

Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer

Originally Posted by cjlandry
A cop once gave my friend a hard time about his little half-shell helmet. Asked him, "What's that little thing gonna protect you from?" My friend replied, "A ___-damned ticket!"
Youd be surprised what the "novelty" helmets would stand up to if ya lay a bike down. Sure its not the max protection you could have, but then again if a car turns left in front of you and you broad side it, the helmet covering your head might keep you from sending grey matter all over the pavement but you could possibly suffer insurmountable injuries of various other types, in which case all the helmet does is keep your pretty head intact for the viewing. I dont have much to keep pretty to begin with...

Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

Did this company buy out/takeover head trip? seems like the exact helmet.....

Old 04-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer

Originally Posted by bklynbob
Did this company buy out/takeover head trip? seems like the exact helmet.....
Dont seem to remember reading anything to that effect.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hows the wind noise?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:54 AM
USMC2010
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna_in_the_works
I work at a level 1 trauma ICU as an RN and ive seen pretty much every way a person can be injured at least once... Ive seen helmets (like seatbelts) save lives, as well as take them in some odd instances. In an ideal world we would all be wearing full faces and leather racing suits with out a doubt. Mainly i wanted a 3/4 for the looks, but having said that i also wanted the lowest profile lightest one i could find. And how could it not make an impression on ya to have your head wrapped in carbon fiber and kevlar??
I will say one thing for sure, i never get on my scoot without a pair of leather gloves, Its a long story as to why but once ya see a man quite literally without any hands but ok otherwise due to laying a bike down ok the hghwy at speed without any gloves on, that... now that has made a lifelong impression...
Fair enough.

Quick Reply: Skull Crush Gear Carbon/Kevlar helmet...