Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Kit Fat Bob??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Timpsonsoldier
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Kit Fat Bob??

Is there a HID kit for the Fat Bob original bucket?

Old 11-06-2011, 02:11 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Timpsonsoldier
Is there a HID kit for the Fat Bob original bucket?
You can get a dual beam hi-low HID kit with slim ballast for motorcycle from DDM tuning. Used them on three different vehicles (2 Jeeps and 1 Triumph Scrambler I put a 7" bucket with a H4 HID in it) and had good results from them and heard from several fellow Jeepers that used DDM with good results. Plus DDM tuning sells HID bulbs with hoods on them so they shine very similar to halogen bulbs because most aftermarket halogen setups either have a hood inside of the stock housing or the bulb comes tipped with a coating on the end so the light reflects back into the reflective housing and then out instead of just straight out into peoples eyes. Big misconception about HID's is that none of the companies offer that so they cannot be adjusted to not blind oncoming drivers.

You will have to run the wiring harness to the battery and find a spot to hide the dual slim ballasts like under the tank along the frame or something. Make sure since your bike already uses hi-low H4 dual Halogen bulbs that you get a hi-low H4 dual HID bulb kit. As far as color choice 3000k is yellow like the old 70's sealed beam non Halogen, 5000k is clear white comparable to the Sylvania silverstars Halogen bulbs and is usually what I pick because the average person would not guess they are actually HID unless they notice the light spread, and anything higher in kelvin rating will be blue to purple and give you that ricer look. You can also choose between 35w and 55w but with the duals being so close to each other you might not notice much difference there.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...rcycle-HID-Kit

BTW sorry if I sound like I am trying to plug for their product. I have no ties to DDM tuning and there are a couple of others out there that I am sure are just as good. I have just had really good luck with them and their products and they are relatively cheap with a good warranty compared to a lot of the other kits out there. And I am sick of all of the lecturing and whining about how HID is gonna cause your bike to blind some driver who will go flying off into a ditch and not be found by authorities till days later after they have already started eating their own flesh to survive and became a zombie and thats how the zombie apocalypse begins

Old 11-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Timpsonsoldier
Intermediate

Thank you very much that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:44 PM
fxdf0896
Stage II
Default DDM Tuning

Hey,
I heard of the ddm tuning and bought the kit of 55w dual h4 high and low beam. The lights do not connect in the dual stock housing, what did you do for your bike? I took the bike apart and found the stock lights are H13 so I had those sent to me and now the harness doesn't connect to the bikes harness anywhere. I talked to supoort and they suggested splitting the wires and hook the four wires below the frame to the three on their harness. I would have to find which is the high and low wires etc. What happened for you guys one your installation?
Thanks

Old 08-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Broken Wing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 55s are gonna get HOT. Not recommended. Besides, dual 35w HIDs are crazy bright. Just get the correct H13 kit. Should snap together like lego blocks.

Originally Posted by DDM Site
Our 55w HID Kit is not recommended for smaller fog light housings because they tend to concentrate a large amount of heat in a small area.

Where are you planning to mount the ballasts?

Last edited by Broken Wing; 08-25-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:03 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone else interested in this?

Old 12-20-2012, 01:47 PM
ncfatbob
Cruiser

Subscribed.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:58 AM
ncfatbob
Cruiser

What about this kit?

Amazon Amazon

Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Sgt7212
Cruiser

I've been holding off because the parts manager at my dealer said the Harley engineers told him they are working on a dual LED headlight for the Fat Bob and he thinks they are closer since they just came out with the Daymaker Dual headlight for the Road Glide. Joker Machine has one out already but it's really expensive and I'm not crazy about the looks of it.

I'd be interested in this DDM set up mentioned above and hearing how well it works, how much power it draws vs. stock headlamps etc...

edit: below are pictures of the Joker Machine Dual LED but they no longer have it listed on their site. Maybe because it was over $800 and looked ridiculous (IMHO)

Last edited by Sgt7212; 12-21-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: add photos
Old 12-21-2012, 11:13 AM
ncfatbob
Cruiser

Woof, that is/was ugly.

Quick Reply: HID Kit Fat Bob??