Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoyed with Harley

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Annoyed with Harley

I know it's a money maker but i hate hate HATE how if you want to change one thing you have to buy 6 different accessories.

All I want to do is have a single seat on my Street Bob for the majority of the time, but the OL goes for rides here and there. I've got rigid mount sideplates so it's a hassle to bolt and unbolt the thing all the time so I'm suckered into quick detach sideplates.

But then I need new quick detach hardware.

Then the stupid turn signals have to move too if I go that route. Now I have to research and spend more money on wtf I'm doing with rear signal relocation. Great Bike Gear license plate mount? Rivco? Kuryakan? Do I get the touring light bar? While I'm at it should I just scrap the signals and go integrated? Panacea? D2moto?

God damn...all this to take the stupid seat off.

I hate you Harley. I love you Harley.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I think if you look in the sticky for mods under $50 you will find a how to on making a rigid sissy bar detachable. Had I seen that BEFORE I bought mine that's how I would have went.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:38 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ackman1968
I think if you look in the sticky for mods under $50 you will find a how to on making a rigid sissy bar detachable. Had I seen that BEFORE I bought mine that's how I would have went.
Yeah I've seen that. Kind of on the fence, Everyone says they scratch the fender or the chrome and it's just as annoying to do the bolts on and off each time the wife wants to ride. I'm considering it though because I've been checking ebay and the forums and those sideplates are just way too pricey.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:41 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
I know it's a money maker but i hate hate HATE how if you want to change one thing you have to buy 6 different accessories.

All I want to do is have a single seat on my Street Bob for the majority of the time, but the OL goes for rides here and there. I've got rigid mount sideplates so it's a hassle to bolt and unbolt the thing all the time so I'm suckered into quick detach sideplates.

But then I need new quick detach hardware.

Then the stupid turn signals have to move too if I go that route. Now I have to research and spend more money on wtf I'm doing with rear signal relocation. Great Bike Gear license plate mount? Rivco? Kuryakan? Do I get the touring light bar? While I'm at it should I just scrap the signals and go integrated? Panacea? D2moto?

God damn...all this to take the stupid seat off.

I hate you Harley. I love you Harley.
I have rigid side plates for a sissy bar and don't see a problem with them, other than they stay on the bike most of the time. I just switch back and forth sometimes between a tall sissy bar for two-up to the low grab rail when I won't be carrying a passenger or luggage for a while. The swap takes under 5 minutes.

I bought a Mustang seat for me and a matching one for the rear. I go from solo to two up in about a minute.

My saddle bags are QD and go off and on in a minute.

Tell me again, what are you griping about?

Old 11-07-2011, 10:48 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I occasionally have a passenger, and all I've ever had to buy is a pillion to bolt to my seat...

What's the problem?

Old 11-07-2011, 10:51 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
Tell me again, what are you griping about?
Probably more grumpy because it's a Monday but I just don't like the look of my whole sissy bar and backseat combo.

The back seat comes off easy enough, but then I'm stuck with the low bar and no seat, or I can go one step further and take the low sissy bar off, but then I've got two stems sticking out that would probably impale me if I ever laid the bike down. I think I've got a a pic of my bike here somewhere...

..yes I do. See the rear end looks so...puffy to me.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:53 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Yea that looks like ****.

Get a smaller pillion and lose the sissy bar altogether and tell your wife to hold on or get in the Volvo.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:53 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I can see the frustration, instead of buying a kit with everything you have to buy this, then that, oh and don't forget those or nothing will bolt on. Worst part is the turn signals look like **** with the "relocation" kit installed.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:54 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior

Yeah first bike ignorance...I bought it used with all the stuff on it already, I thought it was all simple screwdriver on and off. I don't know, mine just looks really back-heavy to me. I dig the look of Toastman's bike and Jaron B's and a few others. Just not so cluttered on the rear.

Obvious cosmetic changes are laydown plate, low profile tail light, ditching the turn signals and getting rid of all the hardware..all costs $$$$$$

Last edited by emerican19; 11-07-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:00 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

You're gonna trade looks for comfort, always.

Your wife is gonna be so much more comfortable on ur bike than my passengers are on mine.

Then again my passengers are usually riding home from the bar, then they're in a cab in the AM so their comfort is none of my concern.

Tossing the turn sigs is free lol. Or you could always shell out about 150 bucks and get the alloy art sigs like I have and never have to relocate them.

My lay down plate is a cheap kuryakyn, so no big cost there.

I agree the cost for quick detach hardware and bags is outrageous. Just stupid how much hd wants for that ****.

Quick Reply: Annoyed with Harley