Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle shack baffles in stock Fat Bob mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:39 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cycle shack baffles in stock Fat Bob mufflers

Just wanted to share my little project of removing my home made highly modified baffles and swapped in some cycle shack baffles I got through a trade here on hdforum. I see lots of posts about exhaust so thought maybe someone would get some use out of the details for their own project.

I decided since I was swapping baffles anyways, I would use some Summit Racing VHT black I already had from a past project and get rid of the chrome look of the mufflers. BTW if anybody wants my stock hacked baffles send me a PM and you can have them for the cost of shipping and a couple of bucks for packing materials. My stock baffles sounded louder than the new CS baffles but the tone of the CS baffles sounds deeper and a bit cleaner. I prefer riveting them in as opposed to bolting just cause I don't want to mess with bolts and rivets come out easy with a dremel anyways lol. Oh yeah, if you add that up the cost, the baffles were $0 cause they were a trade, already had the paint but it was like ten bucks anyways, and already had all the tools to do both the original mod to the stock baffles and the putting the new baffles in so I am fairly happy with a less than $20 modification to my exhaust

I know it's not a performance exhaust setup but it'll work until I decide to go with something more aggressive.

Here is a video I made showing the after results, sorry my camera sound quality for videos isn't very good so you have to turn it up quite a bit to hear it proper.

Attached Thumbnails Cycle shack baffles in stock Fat Bob mufflers-img_1736.jpg   Cycle shack baffles in stock Fat Bob mufflers-img_1737.jpg   Cycle shack baffles in stock Fat Bob mufflers-img_1739.jpg   Cycle shack baffles in stock Fat Bob mufflers-img_1743.jpg  

Last edited by xantasm; 02-15-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I tried using the db meter pro on iPhone to get an idea of sound levels of my baffles as I saw another thread talking about sound level comparisons. At idle within about 4" of the outlets of my mufflers I get about 105db and at two feet away I get about 87db. Mind you this is in my garage so sound echo is part of it. I also walked about twenty feet away outside of my garage and the db level was 72 so if your concerned about a db restriction where you live hopefully this will give you an idea. The stock baffles were so quiet I can't see them being above 60db. Here is a vid of the details for any of you interested

Last edited by xantasm; 02-22-2012 at 12:34 AM.