Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel gauge not working, Fuel light constantly on

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 05:50 AM
ASTERIX2MF
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed my pump/gauge/filter assembly to clean out the tank, when I reinstalled it, no workie. On closer inspection I see that a small piece is missing that contacts the gauge board. It was there before I got to it because the gauge worked fine. Now there is a gap between the board and the part that contacts the board at the pivoting end of the float. I removed the float arm and can see that there was something there but is no longer there. It is the piece that makes contact with the common connection ( continuous section of a circle) to the different gas level connections (17 separate contacts in a broken section of a circle). The next thing to do is find out if I can get just the float arm assembly. I am sure one would have to mortgage the house to buy the whole pump/gauge/filter unit. If your wiring is OK, maybe check the contacts between the board and float arm contact piece. Good luck.