Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades Fat Bob Batwing

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:30 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Memphis Shades Fat Bob Batwing

Anyone running this fairing on their FatBob? I'm thinking about one and there is limited information. Also, I want to have a stereo in it but I don't see any of the batwing fairings on the Memphis website showing stereos. Do I need to only look at the Reckless & Tsukayu batwings? Opinions or pictures of ANY fairings on Fat Bobs??? Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Memphis Shades Fat Bob Batwing-memphis-shades-fatbob-fairing.jpg  
Old 05-20-2012, 01:51 PM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think that the Memphis faring is set up for a stereo. Since you already have a 7inch HL in or bike, you have probably have more options with the other companies you mentioned.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hogtunes makes a stereo system that bolts up to the memphis shades batwing.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:23 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AFONE
I don't think that the Memphis faring is set up for a stereo. Since you already have a 7inch HL in or bike, you have probably have more options with the other companies you mentioned.
Yes, I plan on using the 7" head light so I just need to get a fairing that accepts that headlight and I'll be good.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:43 AM
calboy67
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Tuner or Fuel Management System? 2008 Fat Bob

I have a 2008 Fat Bob and have added Screaming Eagle slip-ons, Screaming Eagle mass air floe air filter cone and also reprogrammed the motor at the dealer. Always thought it ran hot and found out recently that the motor is running very lean. Looking at a tuner or fuel management system, but there are too many out there. What is everyone running? Looking for the best low cost system if possible? Anyone have some information?

Last edited by calboy67; 05-21-2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Posted incorrectly. Sorry
Old 05-21-2012, 04:52 AM
caaraa
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hogtunes makes a stereo system that bolts up to the memphis shades batwing.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 AM
GJW1911
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 7 inch fatboy style headlight on my FXDF, and just installed a reckless fairing made for a road king. It worked out well, but the brackets will need some modification. Nothing a drill and a cutoff wheel cant handle. I bought my own stereo/speakers and wired it in myself, not a difficult job and overall if you buy your own stereo and speakers, its fairly inexpensive. I probably have about $550 in it now, until I have to paint it.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:26 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GJW1911
I have a 7 inch fatboy style headlight on my FXDF, and just installed a reckless fairing made for a road king. It worked out well, but the brackets will need some modification. Nothing a drill and a cutoff wheel cant handle. I bought my own stereo/speakers and wired it in myself, not a difficult job and overall if you buy your own stereo and speakers, its fairly inexpensive. I probably have about $550 in it now, until I have to paint it.
Is it a quick detach mount type? and how does it handle at high speeds does it get wobbly?

Old 05-21-2012, 09:50 AM
GJW1911
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I used six harley quick detach clamps, 3 on each side(probably over did it), and a 4 pin weather pack connector. It comes off in a matter of seconds. I just came back from a 500 mile trip this weekend and it handled great. I was expecting some vibrations and other handling problems. However it worked out perfect. The only problems I noticed is when a large tractor trailer passes you in heavy wind, I could feel a little wobble. Other than that it was just like the windshield, except having the radio was awesome.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good on there and been thinking about this mod for awhile. Do you have any other pics from a distance from the side and maybe close up of where it mounts. I will give Reckless a call but had a few questions. Were the brackets too big that you had to trim them down or too wide and needed spacers? And is all the hardware you needed to buy was the QD clamps?

Quick Reply: Memphis Shades Fat Bob Batwing