Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H FuelPak disbelievers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Default V&H FuelPak disbelievers

Well, I have just proved the disbelievers wrong. I am running the V&H FuelPak in my SB for stage 1 and the bike has always run great. This weekend, I put a set of SE 255 cams in it and entered a canned map from V&H to allow for this change.

Bike runs great!

Now I have not had it Dyno'd yet and there is not much fine tuning to get the most of the most out of the FuelPak that I can do. That said, it is not a tuner that I can tinker with or tweak, but using the Dyno by the seat of my pants method, I can notice a GREAT difference in the performance. Also, NO pinging or popping, No power loss at any RPM and at 160kmh (100mph) in 6th gear, it is still pulling hard.

One day I may upgrade to a TTS or Thundemax, but as long as it is running like it is and no issues arise, I will continue using the FuelPak.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 AM
ChiroRick
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using the Fuelpak since I installed a set of V&H Big Radius 2 into 1 on my FXDC back in March. Easy as heck to program, and works great. I do get some deceleration "pop", but not loud, and not often, and doesn't bother me. Later down the road I'll consider a power commander or something, but no rush.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

My main point was the addition of the SE 255 Cams. I agree that for the price point it is a decent Stage 1 tuner, but there have been soooo many people tell me it was no good for anything else other than Stage 1 and that the bike would not run using the FuelPak and upgraded cams.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:11 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You haven't proved anything. The fuelpack will deliver fuel but it won't adjust the timing. It will make your bike better, but not deliver all it could be. So if your happy with "pretty good" then your a perfect match for the fuel pak

Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Nice rooti, I figured there would be a few comments from the peanut gallery. If you really read my post, I am fully aware that it can not be "fine" tuned to be all it can be. It was the fact that it was stated that it would not work or run worth a crap. I also stated that a TTS or Thudermax was in the future.

I can keep up with my buddy's Rocker C with a blown out tuned 103, so if that is "Pretty good", then that works for me!

Old 09-25-2012, 02:51 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ran 510 gear drive cams in my Road King with a Fuel Pak, no problems at all.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:18 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gommee
Bike runs great!
Originally Posted by El Rey
I ran 510 gear drive cams in my Road King with a Fuel Pak, no problems at all.
From what I hear you two are the exception to the rule. Of course the fuel-pak could not be on the market for so many years if it was worthless. Happy for ya if it works----Cheers !

Last edited by maddghost; 09-25-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
ravnos5811
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm running a Fuelpak also and I've had no problems with how my bike runs.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Loner88
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear, Gommee. Since your FuelPak is working, maybe Dobeck is right and I could run a mild cam with the GEN 3

Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 PM
AK_Rider50
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loner88 - I'm running a GEN 3 with a stage 1 and Andrews 48 cams. I plan on upgrading to a Power vision soon but the bike runs good as it is now.

Quick Reply: V&H FuelPak disbelievers