Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VHT epoxy on tins

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
tcabello
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLV
Looks really good.

Epoxy should hold up well. It really only has two enemies in this environment. Sun and wind.

Depending on how many cots you applied, you'll probably get tired of it before wind erosion shows up.

The sun will fade it if your epoxy doesn't have UVA protection characteristics. If not, you can always add a satin clear with protection. Personally, I think some sun fade will look good.

Nice work. Can we get a close up of your tank decal. I can't unite read it.
I made the mistake today of using some turtle wax on my tins...it did add some shine but I really should have left it alone...I wasn't trying to get my tins glossier but that's what happened (who would've thought wax would make tins shine more...duh)...should've left well enought alone.

so I definitely agree with you...some fade will look good...especially now.

As for my decals...no big thing...it's the back of the St. Benedict medal...letters are in latin so you probably wouldn't be able to read it but it basically says "get behind me Satan" (it really says more than that but that's the main idea)...I figure I need all the protection I can get.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 PM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good man

Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tcabello
I made the mistake today of using some turtle wax on my tins...it did add some shine but I really should have left it alone...I wasn't trying to get my tins glossier but that's what happened (who would've thought wax would make tins shine more...duh)...should've left well enought alone.

so I definitely agree with you...some fade will look good...especially now.

As for my decals...no big thing...it's the back of the St. Benedict medal...letters are in latin so you probably wouldn't be able to read it but it basically says "get behind me Satan" (it really says more than that but that's the main idea)...I figure I need all the protection I can get.
Well, the wax won't last that long.. The medal idea is cool. Creative and unique.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks good and I like the tank badge. What is that small rocker switch on your fuse box cover for?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 PM
tcabello
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
Looks good and I like the tank badge. What is that small rocker switch on your fuse box cover for?
good eye...the switch is for a strip of white leds I have under my tank...it's usually dark when I ride to work so the leds help with visibility...