Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First couple of mods installed...seat question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 PM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First couple of mods installed...seat question

Installed a couple of items that I got...Harley swing arm bag and some kuryakyn foot pegs with heel rests. The foot peg install was pretty easy, and they seem like they'll help out a lot...been raining here pretty much everyday and more is coming so I haven't tested them out yet. I guess now I need to find a matching shifter peg and rear brake pad. The swing arm bag install was a PITA. I knew I needed some torx bit's, so I went and got me a set. I couldn't reach the back bolt cause the ratchet was in the way so I had to get some torx keys and that didn't really work either. Some how I was able to rig it and finally got the bolt off. I like the look of the bag, I just wish it was a tad bit bigger. Also removed the reflectors..the fork ones came off super easy, the rear ones not so much. I basically just ripped the first one off and it left a lot of tape behind that took a while to get off. For the second one I heated it up a little with a hair dryer and it pulled right off. The tape that was left I was able to just roll it off with my thumb.

On to my seat question...Do they make a seat that's flatter? Something that will put me sitting a little further back than the stock seat? Does the springer seat move you back a little bit? I find my self sitting on the little back rest part of the seat(if you want to call it that) to stretch my legs out a little.

Couple of pics

Last edited by tfalcon; 01-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LePera Bare Bones is about as flat as you can get. Just keep in mine the name of it. That's what it is.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:36 PM
tfalcon
Tourer

What about the c&c low pro? Don't really need it to be lower, just want to be pushed back a little.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 PM
art0565
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

LePera Bare Bones looks great but it's uncomfortable as hell, i went with Sick Saddles and i love it, looks good and feels great.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got the Barebones seat from Le Pera and yea it sure ain't the most comfy seat but it sure can get you from gas stop to gas stop as long as you don't ride more than 150 miles or so inbetween.
I've also got a very comfy Mustang seat that I could and have rode all day on. I still ride with the barebones seat almost all the time though.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Wykd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that spring seat the dealer sells puts my nuts on the tank! Seriously puts me forward to an uncomfortable degree, that being said I am biased because my Danny Gray puts me back some over the stock. Look into the DG buttcrack seat, it will put you down and back and not hurt your crack!

Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a C&C solo. I'm 6' and comfortable on it. They say it puts you an inch down and back. They will make it to whatever you want as well.

Attached Thumbnails First couple of mods installed...seat question-lowered5.jpg   First couple of mods installed...seat question-lowered5.jpg  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM
tfalcon
Tourer

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll do some research on the ones mentioned.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Mikey Ashie
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive got the Mustang 2up day-tripper and its long and low... really puts me back

Old 01-10-2013, 11:37 PM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Rocket Bobs Weeli seat, the most comfortable seat I've ever sat on !

Quick Reply: First couple of mods installed...seat question