Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Beastly Angel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery

I searched all over, even in the wonderful thread that gives practically all the fixes...wonderful by the way

I have the seat off and have no clue on how to get at the battery terminals. My batter is dead and needs charging, but cannot get at the terminals! What a pain in the ****! How do I remove the battery cover? It seems like I would have to dismantle the whole bike just to get at the batter. I am definitely putting on the pigtails for the battery tender attachment once I am able to get to the terminals.

Thanks all for the help ... again

Old 02-06-2013, 01:41 PM
clout2301
Tourer

You should have a screw on the bottom of the battery cover. Unscrew and pull the battery cover up

Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If it is like my 05 super glide, you have to remove the 2 bolts holding the battery tray.
You can see one the left of the battery as you are facing the battery, the other is straight up, it is beside my switch. The tray will drop down giving you access to the battery, charging or removing. I can't post a photo, the bike is getting a update. Not here.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dobber is correct. Same setup on my 04 FXD. Be careful installing the replacement. The design is awful and it's easy to short out the positive terminal to the top frame rail. Holler if you need help. I can send pics after work today.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Beastly Angel
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shrug
Dobber is correct. Same setup on my 04 FXD. Be careful installing the replacement. The design is awful and it's easy to short out the positive terminal to the top frame rail. Holler if you need help. I can send pics after work today.

Thanks, Dobber, yes please do send pics I managed to get zapped and singed by a spark as I was wearing a metal wrist bracelet! Gotta say that hurt like crap!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Beastly Angel
Advanced

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
If it is like my 05 super glide, you have to remove the 2 bolts holding the battery tray.
You can see one the left of the battery as you are facing the battery, the other is straight up, it is beside my switch. The tray will drop down giving you access to the battery, charging or removing. I can't post a photo, the bike is getting a update. Not here.

Thanks, I need all the help I can get! Kinda scared in getting singed ...hopefully not. Never had so much trouble in getting to a battery post before, with sparks flying too boot!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe this will help. I removed my seat and electrical taped the frame over the battery. I also globbed tape over the positive post before I raised the battery back up and tightened the bolts.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

When you get it out you should add battery tender plug to it so it is easy to charge next time

Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Beastly Angel
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shrug
Maybe this will help. I removed my seat and electrical taped the frame over the battery. I also globbed tape over the positive post before I raised the battery back up and tightened the bolts.

Thank you ... I had not loosened that one as it looked like it was welded to the frame... Ok done and battery tender pig tails added. Hopefully will not need to do this again for a long long time!