Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM
elcapitanahab
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about pricing

Hello everyone, i am looking to buy my first harley, i ve been looking around for prices, i would like to get a 2013 dyna street bob. I saw on the main Harley Davidson website that the stock street bob is 12,999. The thing is that went to the local harley dealer they have over 200 new harleys on the floor but all of the new 2013 bikes are about 2,000 dollars over the price the main harley davidson website advertises. for example the street bob is priced at 14,99 Is this normal? or should i look for a different dealer outside my hometown to get a better deal? Thanks in advance

Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's normal you'll au that for obvious reasons at all dealerships, I suggest you revisit the dealer and ask them why so you can see the difference between the base models on the web and the ones on the floor. Don't be afraid to buy from a dealer when it comes to a new bike, they'd be pricing themselves out of business otherwise.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Were you looking at the "basic" bike, or ones priced with added options (i.e. power package, custom paint, etc.)?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Dealers generally add freight & set up to MSRP. Then there are factory options. Also the Street Bob is available as part of the H-D1 custom program, a lot of dealers are ordering them with some of the custom options.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 PM
elcapitanahab
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for the fast reponse, i am almost sure that they are just the basic model without any added options. If that is the case, is it overpriced? The store is located in El Paso TX, it is called Barnett Harley Davidson, i know most of you wont know the dealer but i am just thowing it out there in case somebody knows the place.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by elcapitanahab
Thank you all for the fast reponse, i am almost sure that they are just the basic model without any added options. If that is the case, is it overpriced? The store is located in El Paso TX, it is called Barnett Harley Davidson, i know most of you wont know the dealer but i am just thowing it out there in case somebody knows the place.
I think Barnett is the largest HD dealer in the world. The price doesn't sound too bad. I used to live in TX and if I remember correctly the dealer collects the tax (unlike OK). Does your price include tax? There is usually a little bit of wiggle room off MSRP but not like buying a car. One more thing, any color other than vivid black is an option.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 197 Posts

They seem to like to pad the MSRP with add-ons such as set-up, prep, dealer installed bits, extended warranty, and when you are about to finalize the deal the "doc fee".

You are aware what the prices are by looking on HD's site. Take these prices including freight and additional cost color cost (black is always cheapest) with you. When the salesman greets you just let him know you have priced the bike you're interested in and and are aware how much it costs in black or color. Also you have no interest, nor can afford, to pay any more. Just tell him "I've been looking at a couple other dealers and am prepared to buy. I have set aside the money for sales tax and license. What is your best net price on the bike itself?"
Just be prepared to not buy and go to another dealer. The nice thing about Harley's is there are a lot of dealers.
This is much more difficult when shopping for some other bikes, BMW's for instance. Heck there's not one BMW dealer in our state.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM
JefferiesHD1
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

They want to sell, but you gotta be smart. Too many dealers and plenty of bikes being made now to pay over list price. I found the exact bike I wanted at two dealers that were 200 miles apart. I went to both and test drove and then went back and forth with each dealer on the phone for a week.

If you have good credit go to your own bank. Harley bank was a joke. It would of cost me another years worth of payments over my bank.

I got a 2012 FXDC with Dyna Bob handlebars installed, taxes, fees, and out the door for Fourteen. Good Luck.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:45 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridewva
Heck there's not one BMW dealer in our state.
WV? http://mosesbmw.com/

Not sure how accurate this website is: http://www.seedealercost.com

Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Junkster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go over and look at Barnett's in Las Cruces. If the new bob has forward controls it is HD-1 bike so more expensive. See if they have any 2012 leftovers. Or a slightly used bike with a couple of thousand miles on it and some warranty left. And dont drool while looking it gives the gig up.

Quick Reply: Question about pricing