Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle/Idle Cable Has Whooped Me!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Rfc
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Throttle/Idle Cable Has Whooped Me!!!!!!

Thought I would change out my grips real quick like yesterday and go for a ride. Well that didn't happen #%*^*!!! Yes I have watched videos, researched the web and I have a damn manual. I can't get the bass turd throttle to snap back. Any pointers on something simple I might be over looking???????

Old 02-10-2013, 12:51 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

The last time I swapped grips on the Dyna I loosened the housing and the bar clamps and drooped the bars and was able to get it on. I was getting a little pissed about it though. Sometimes it takes less time to do more work if you know what I mean.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:52 PM
883drummer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try pulling the dust covers down on the cables and loosening them all the way they will probally be easyer to get them on the throttle and you can just adjust them when u have it on

Old 02-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Junkster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rfc
Thought I would change out my grips real quick like yesterday and go for a ride. Well that didn't happen #%*^*!!! Yes I have watched videos, researched the web and I have a damn manual. I can't get the bass turd throttle to snap back. Any pointers on something simple I might be over looking???????
Make sure the throttle lock is screwed open, the grip is in the groove properly and both cables are attached correctly. Check return springs by intake.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,925 Likes on 3,023 Posts

I just did a stage 1 on my carb, after getting it all back together I had the same issue. Turned out that were the cables go into their little sleeves at the carb they weren't seated properly, causing them to bind. I loosened them up and re-seated them. Then readjusted the cables.
Hope this helps.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Rfc
Tourer

What I meant was the throttle won't go back to idle freely, something ain't right besides me. I have gone by the manual step by step to no avail.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Rfc
Tourer

Originally Posted by Junkster
Make sure the throttle lock is screwed open, the grip is in the groove properly and both cables are attached correctly. Check return springs by intake.

Hummm, is the throttle lock screw under the switch housing on the handle bar, haven't screwed with that yet?

Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Rfc
Tourer

Originally Posted by Junkster

Hummm, is the throttle lock under the switch housing on the handle bar, haven't screwed with that yet?

Old 02-10-2013, 01:42 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Rfc
Hummm, is the throttle lock under the switch housing on the handle bar, haven't screwed with that yet?
Yep...either that or you got the grip pushed to tightly on the bar end.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:10 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Pull the breather and check to see if the cables are on the wheel and not binding.
That is how I do the grips. Takes a few minutes longer but sure makes it easier.
You need to see if it is binding at the grip or the cable.

Quick Reply: Throttle/Idle Cable Has Whooped Me!!!!!!