Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wire front turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Essentialbill
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire front turn signals

I have a 2013 wide glide. I purchased kuryakyn mini bullet turn signals for for. I want to mount them on triple tree. My question is. My wiring goes through my bars. Do I have to disconnect turn signals and pull the wires out of handle bars. There must be an easier way to do this . Please help. Thanks

Old 02-15-2013, 05:53 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I just did the HD front signal relocation on my 2012 Fat Bob. Hard to believe, but the instructions called for cutting the signal wires just below where they come out of the clutch/brake control module. They reason why is there are two unused signal connections under the fuel tank in the wiring housing. So the kit just ran new wires from the signals to these connections under the tank. Might look at your Service Manual and also download the HD front signal relocation for your bike and see if you have the same set up. Good luck!

Old 02-16-2013, 07:29 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The connector is inside the backbone, under the tank. Disassemble the connector and then remove the signals from grip mount and pull wire back through...carefully.

Or you can do it however you want.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:19 PM
sevebou63
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts
Default YOU DON"T HAVE TO CUT YOUR WIRES!! 2011 and NEWER

FATBOY LO: I FOUND VALUABLE INFORMATION ON THE WIRING PORTION WHEN MOVING FRONT TURN SIGNALS. [YOU DON"T HAVE TO CUT YOUR WIRES!!] I Have already installed Outlaws 12" apes and don't want to take it all apart to relocate the wires again. I found that the wiring on the 2012 model is the same as a Heritage. Meaning if you look on the front right side tank area there is a blank female plug used specifically for turn signals mounted on forks. I bought the male plug and connectors at HD. I think it cost like 15 bucks. The only thing you may have to do (and I will respond when installed whether it is true or not) is you have to bring in your bike and they mapp the power to that plug versus the other one that is used. Cost to remapp is 50.00 at my HD dealership. To me, worth it. Otherwise it supposedly doesn't work. I will let you guys know if this step IS actually necessary when I get it all setup. I believe the wiring is the same on the 2011 model but you may want to check. Models older than 2011 do not have this blank plug. Again there should be an unused female plug located on the right side just inside front tank area.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:26 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Do what he said or cut the wires, no easy way.
Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
The connector is inside the backbone, under the tank. Disassemble the connector and then remove the signals from grip mount and pull wire back through...carefully.

Or you can do it however you want.