Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TW-222 + D&D Fat Cat w/BB baffle complete-results

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default TW-222 + D&D Fat Cat w/BB baffle complete-results

Got a call that my bike is finally done and is going to be delivered today.

96", Wood TW-222 cams, Torrington inner cam bearings, SE adjustable push rods, D&D Fat Cat with big bore baffle, dyno tuned with SEPST.

86.40hp/95.71tq
SAE smoothing, 5th gear run.
Tuner told me the numbers would have been a little higher doing a 6th gear run (1:1) due to less parasitic drive train loss, but he tunes with 5th gear for safety reasons. He also said with the super dry air today, that didn't help either, but it is what it is.

I gained roughly 12.4 hp and 8.4 tq doing cams + pipe over stock cams & V&H slip-ons. Not quite the numbers I was expecting, but still good increase since I had already had it dyno tuned once with V&H slip-ons, so it ran good to begin with. Comparing to bone stock before anything was done, I have gained roughly 22hp & 18tq.

I haven't seen the chart yet, but tuner says it completely changed the curve and the bike comes on real strong low and runs out really well clear through the curve. He says it's a different bike now.
Honestly, I think most of the number gains were achieved with the pipe. He tried to dyno it after the cam change with the V&H slip-ons and the gains were minimal, although it changed the curve drastically. So I ordered the pipe and had them install it and dyno it again.
Basically, the pipe gained the numbers, and the cams changed the profile....together they should make a strong performer.

I'm not chasing numbers, so the dyno sheet is just a good guide to know where it stands. The real test of performance is on the street, so I'm hoping it makes me smile from ear to ear.

Highs about 20 today with ice storm coming tomorrow....doubt if I'm able to get any miles on it in the next few days, but supposed to be 50 Sunday, so if the roads aren't all salt then I'll get her out and see how she runs.

Last edited by Sharkman73; 02-21-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

Those seem like pretty decent numbers for a relatively mild cam and no other motor work. Should make for a fun ride.
Did you get the 'quiet' baffle? I'm going to be ordering a Fatcat in the next couple weeks, and I'm planning on getting the Big Boar w/wrapped baffle and I'm interested in how loud you'd consider yours to be.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Those seem like pretty decent numbers for a relatively mild cam and no other motor work. Should make for a fun ride.
Did you get the 'quiet' baffle? I'm going to be ordering a Fatcat in the next couple weeks, and I'm planning on getting the Big Boar w/wrapped baffle and I'm interested in how loud you'd consider yours to be.
No, I got the big boar baffle. There are 2 options for baffles, the standard (quiet) baffle, which is still pretty loud, and the big bore baffle (performance, loud).
I'm getting my bike back this evening, and although I'm probably not going to be able to ride it, I'm sure I'll have it fired up so I'll be able to give you an idea.

I've heard it in person before with the big boar baffle, and it's loud. Other mods such as cams make it even louder.

When you order, there is also another option for the Dyna...straight back or upswept. I chose the upswept for ground clearance and I like the look. I'll give my full opinions on the pipe tomorrow after I've seen it an heard it on my bike.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Good to see more results with the 222s. They may not win horsepower shootouts, but I bet it makes for a great street performer.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:08 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh it will make you smile for sure. What a bummer that you won't be able to ride it yet...that would drive me crazy.

I didn't think you would get to 90 like they told you, but I'm sure you won't miss the numbers once you ride it.

I'm jealous....post some pics and sound bytes when you can. Congrats..

Old 02-20-2013, 02:10 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Post a dyno sheet, love to see the curve.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rooti
Oh it will make you smile for sure. What a bummer that you won't be able to ride it yet...that would drive me crazy.

I didn't think you would get to 90 like they told you, but I'm sure you won't miss the numbers once you ride it.

I'm jealous....post some pics and sound bytes when you can. Congrats..
Yeah, stupid Illinois weather....mid-20s is just too cold for me.

Will take some pics tonight & try to post tomorrow.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 128auto
Post a dyno sheet, love to see the curve.
I'll try to scan it into my computer and get it on here tomorrow.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd like to see the difference between 555 and 222

Originally Posted by Sharkman73
I'll try to scan it into my computer and get it on here tomorrow.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
flyin1200
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who did the tuning?

Quick Reply: TW-222 + D&D Fat Cat w/BB baffle complete-results