Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Calvert760
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated!!!

So I by my 06 Street Bob in May 2012. My first Harley, or motorcycle for that matter. This winter I wanted to do some mods to make is SWEEET! The thing I wanted most was a Screamin Eagle Air Cleaner. While my bike was at the dealer getting other mods installed, I asked them what I would need to put a AC on it. (I got put on hold so he could go see what my bike needed). They said I would need the stage 1 kit, a tuner, and 4 hours of dyno time. So I figured instead of spending $800+ on this stuff, I would buy FM PowerVision for $535 and the stage 1 kit.

After the dealer had the bike for a week, I picked it up and drove it home. The first thing I did was "marry" the PV to my bike, then I installed the stage 1 AC. After putting it all on, I realized the AC I took off was the exact same one I put on. So I take it all back off, clean up the old one, and went to the dealer.

Now that I'm frustrated because I just spent money on parts I didnt need, they tell me that they knew the bike had the stage 1 AC on it. But they cant tell me if the bike has ever been tuned. My bike ran perfectly all summer long after over 5,000 miles there were no issues.

They told me that my bike COULD BE running lean but neither they or I would know unless they dynoed it. And now I have a PV that I didnt need and is now "married" to my bike, and they sold me an AC kit I already had installed!

Thanks for letting me rant and release some anger.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i like the part where they say, "we know your bike has the stage 1 AC", but yet they sell you one anyway..... classic...

Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Calvert760
Cruiser

Wouldnt the bike run leaner than **** if it was never tuned and had a set of python exhaust (not slip ons) and a high flow ac? I just dont get it!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now you need to do some more engine mods to make the PV worth your money, LOL
That does suck how the dealer treated you! Have you contacted the dealer that you got the PV from and explained it to them? The might be willing to help out...

Old 02-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Calvert760
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Puffdaddy
Now you need to do some more engine mods to make the PV worth your money, LOL
That does suck how the dealer treated you! Have you contacted the dealer that you got the PV from and explained it to them? The might be willing to help out...
I'm going to call FuelMoto tomorrow

Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Calvert760
I'm going to call FuelMoto tomorrow
You are probably gonna want that tuner sooner or later...

Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldnt the bike run leaner than **** if it was never tuned and had a set of python exhaust (not slip ons) and a high flow ac? I just dont get it!
Welcome to the forum! Sell the A/C in the classifieds, keep the PV, enjoy

Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 PM
roscoe2010
Cruiser

Mine did, I was coming back from Reno last summer and lost the ground on my tuner so the bike was decel popping like crazy so I pulled the plugs and they were white as snow. Found the ground problem and fixed it but this happened in less than 200 miles, check the color of your plugs.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Gatone13
Cruiser

Idno man.. I get why your upset, but on a positive note sounds like everything you wanted to get done and paid for, is actually already done! So more money for other parts.. I'm willing to bet it was tuned if it already has the PV and them playing the "well we can't tell until we get it on a dyno" sounds like a sales pitch. There are tell tale signs if your bike is running lean. Exhaust popping, high engine heat, pinging noise coming from motor. Not sure about the PV but I have a power comander and you can download maps to it for the upgrades you did to your bike.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 PM
MADOGA
Cruiser

4 hours of DYNO time WTF ?

I wasted a Dyno tune on my sporty they spent about an hour around $400 for sweet FA increase,

Ill stick with PC111 and maps along with DIY work, to many rip offs out there

Quick Reply: Frustrated!!!