Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Superglide performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Superglide2012
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Superglide performance upgrades

I have a 2012 Superglide, and so far I have installed V&H ProPipe. I just ordered the Screaming Eagle Heavy breather. I understand that once I install this air cleaner I will be running to lean, so I must use a tuner. Which tuner is the way to go? I like to tinker myself so I am leaning towards the Power Vision, but I don't know anyone who has used one. Several of the guys I ride with tell me I must do the SERT. What can one expect the dealer to charge for the SERT with a dyno tune? I have had others tell me to use the PC-V or FuelPak... Ugh so many options what is the best bang for the buck?

Josh

Old 03-12-2013, 10:45 AM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i myself, i have the big radius and the drak a/c both from vance&hines then i went with the fuelpak and she runs just fine, i did go on line and used the settings for the fuelpak as a start and if i run into any problems then i will call and get updated numbers... i dont like anything but the simple, so i try to keep it as simple as possible

Old 03-12-2013, 01:07 PM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See my signature, but I did the V&H products and I don't plan on going any further with the engine mods for at least two years, so I'm cool not shelling out a ton of dough for a high end tuner and dyno.

However, if you want to play with the tuner and what not, I would probably go with the PowerVision too. That will be my next step up when I do engine work.

Hit the search button and you will find plenty of threads covering tuners. You will have to weed through some of the BS posts that people put up, but there is plenty of info.

Post up some pictures and results once you get everything installed.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

Tons of options and tons of opinions. Be honest with what your future plans are, if you're going to do more mods down the road, and plan for that. Better to buy a system you can grow with than something that will limit you. As far as tuners go, I don't really think there's a wrong choice, just some that work better than others depending on what you're looking for. I ended up with a Thundermax w/ AutoTune. Not by any means a cheap setup, but I'm very happy with it and my bike runs awesome.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Rfc
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Power Vision works great for me.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Josh

I purchased the Screamin Eagle Pro Race Tuner for $450. Like you, I thought that I may do a little playin around with this thing myself. So I also purchased the software and cable kit for an extra $40. After loading this thing up and looking around, I decided that it was going to be more than I wanted to fool with. I found that after my Stage 1 up-grade and a good Dyno Tune ( $310 ) that I really have no need to mess around with this thing.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tinkering yourself is fine, but if you want your bike spot on and right get it dyno tuned by someone that knows what they are doing.
A good tune on a dyno makes a TON of difference.

People that say their bike runs great without it have never had a good dyno tune & just don't know what a differnce it makes. Bike may run fine if it's close, but on the dyno the person doing the tuning can dial in VE tables, timing and AFRs to optimal for load conditions at all rpms and get it spot on for your particular bike...something that can't be done with a canned map or plug & play device.

As far as tuners go, the TTS Mastertune and SE Pro Super Tuner are excellent, and I recommend one of those. I have heard several good & some so-so responses about the Power Vision from Fuel Moto, but don't have any first hand knowledge. Even if you go that route, I still recommend a dyno tune.

SEPST is $459 & a good dyno tune will run you about $350 give or take depending on where you take it to get it done.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep doing your homework...I wouldn't use a "piggyback" tuner as if it fails your SOL and back to square one.

Check out TTS, SERTPRO, or powervision. They are probably the top 3 used to really dial it in and any of those have the capability to get you to the same great tune. You have a great "tuneable" pipe and it will really do you good if the bike is tuned properly.

Also research some "qualified" dyno tuners in your area and see what they like.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

If you love to tinker and enjoy learning about your tune, then I think you would be very happy with the Power Vision. It allows you to delve into your tune as far as you like or you might just want to keep it somewhat simple. Another nice thing about the PV is you can moniter all the ECM type info while you ride - just don't stare!

Old 03-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Superglide2012
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about xieds??

Quick Reply: 2012 Superglide performance upgrades