Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got her out of storage

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Got her out of storage

Today I put my snowmobile into storage and got my Super Glide back out. I had it on a Harbor Freight float charger for the past 4+ month and it started like I had just ran it the day before. I'm sure that starter didn't make one full revolution before it fired off. I was very surprised and pleased it started that easy but wasn't thrilled with the 32* temps that I had to ride 20 miles home in. I wore all my snowmobile gear so I was warm enough and it felt great being on the road again. I love my sled in the winter but I'm still jealous of you guys that get to ride your bikes year round. Now it's time to put on the bits and pieces I purchased over the winter. Man, will it ever end with the accessories and upgrades?!?!?

Old 03-22-2013, 02:11 AM
FXD_noob
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hehe, I hear ya! There's always something you wanna add to your bike, it's like a disease really, we've all got it!

Post pics of the stuff you're gonna install! I'm sure it's gonna look great when you're done with it. Cheers

Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 AM
EZSkankin29
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was thinking of grabbing mine out of storage too but more snow on its way Sunday.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:28 AM
ricerocket71
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky - I was going to pull mine out also - but got another 5 inches of snow last night

Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Good luck with the weather. Its good to get her out dusted off accessories installed and ready to ride at a moments notice. I remember when i lived up in the frozen chozen. Getting the bike out for spring was a kind of ritual. Celebration if you if you will...

Old 03-22-2013, 06:55 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Just Great!

I think I've had my bike out once this winter, a couple of weeks ago. 27* outside this morning and more "weather" forcast for monday. This friggin winter just won't let go!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:53 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Right now 15° here. Last year it was the hottest March in history. They say it might be the coldest in history if this keeps up. My scoot is ready. All I need is a good rain to wash the salt off the roads and a warm 45° day.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Snow mobile for your bike! Nice swap!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXD_noob
Hehe, I hear ya! There's always something you wanna add to your bike, it's like a disease really, we've all got it!

Post pics of the stuff you're gonna install! I'm sure it's gonna look great when you're done with it. Cheers
Not going to throw up a picture right now but putting on the following:

-solo rack
-Kuryakyn ISO grips with throttle boss
-mid peg mount
-Kuryakyn pegs (can't wait to have 2 riding positions for long rides)
-Kuryakyn Classic Tour bag
-K&N air filter
-couple other little things I can't remember

Also contemplating doing a 30T front sprocket.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Snow mobile for your bike! Nice swap!
It sure is. When one comes out the other goes in. I love riding hard and jumping everything I can on my sled. My buddies and I jump 2 lane roads, cars, ditches, creeks, ect all the time and I wear a chest protector (sometimes a neck brace too) when we ride. The winter here in Iowa was sub par for snowmobiling this year but still much better than last year. March has been stupid because we get a big snow and it's gone in 2 days. I wish we would have got it in December so it would have stuck around. There is a possibility of getting more snow this weekend but I don't want it, I want some warm weather for looong bike rides.

Quick Reply: Got her out of storage