Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life is too short.....my apologies .

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Life is too short.....my apologies .

So last week about midnight Friday heading into Saturday morning I had the wort stabbing pain in my chest....actually it was rib level right side. After several hours, 12 tums and every effort to try and sleep, all to no avail I begged my wife to take me to the ER.

They suspected a Gal Bladder attack and did a sonogram but didn't find anything. Jacked me up on dilauded and sent me home to follow up with my family doctor. On Monday it was still so bad I went to my family doc and he ordered a ct scan of my abdomen and upper pelvis. HE called me a few hours later and told me my pancreas was inflamed, my gal bladder had stones and I needed to see a surgeon to sched removal of my gal bladder.

Went to see the surgeon on Tuesday and based on the same test results and my continuing symptoms admitted me in to the hospital for surgery on Wednesday morning. Surgery was to start at 930am and take about 1.5-2hrs. Well I went under at 945am and woke up in recovery at 430pm. The gal bladder went septic, ruptured and had over 200 stones in it. The surgeon said had I waited 24 hours longer my wife would have been planning my funeral because I would likely have died from Sepsis.

I'm home today and recovering well. Things like this can be cause for serious reflection. Amongst the many things I thought about one thing that occurred to me was all of my friends Here-on the forum, and how I've grown to appreciate through the common ground of riding and such. Another is the many times I let a misplaced comment irritate me to the point of retalliation.

We all have if we are honest. So I wanted to say that while I don't agree with the opinions and yes sometimes attacks from others I really should be man enough to side step it, or better yet through some type of verbal diplomacy help diffuse it when it happens. Pouring fuel on a fire just gets ya burned, and sometimes others.

So to all of you my friends thanks for tolerating my rants on occasion. To those of you who have been on the more aggressive side, well your friends too, and not only can I forgive it but I also apologize for lashing back.

Life is too short. We have a commonality all of us. We ride. We love it. And that should be enough for us to all get along.

If I've ever offended anyone here I'm sorry. If you've ever offended me well I'm sorry for that as well.

Live well, ride hard, enjoy it, embrace it and take time to love each other like God intended us to do. Ill be making changes in my life. Don't wait for a close call to wake you up. You never know when it might be too late to step up and be the man or woman your supposed to be.

I wish each member and guest and visitor nothing but wellness and peace.

Thanks.

Last edited by Joboo1966; 03-23-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:06 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Don't be so hard on yourself.
Were all ****** sometimes.
Sometimes entertaining.
Glad your still with us.
Believe me it could be allot worse.
i lost my best friend last year about this time.
Dropped his bike on a very bad curve and over the ledge he went.
Right in front of me,
You never know when it's your time.
Live every day as if it was your last, as it just may be.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 PM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the dance with colon cancer in Dec 2011. Life is short, get a colonoscopy

Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Life is short better do those mods to the bike if there where any lol.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

gotta agree with stilup. dont be so hard on yourself. glad you pulled through!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad things went well and your still with us.

We all get "irritated" sometimes, Ok, we can all be a$$holes and know it alls. That's what makes this place entertaining sometimes.

Get better and back on the bike soon!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:20 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks. Now I feel like a jerk for being a dick to somebody in Off Topic. lol. Seriously though, glad youre still with us.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:22 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you are still with us. Quit beating yourself up, and enjoy your family.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Glad you are OK. We are one big happy, dysfunctional family on here. Forgive and forget, Bro!

Soon we will be able ro ride. Glad you will be in the wind.

You might want to change your sig, if you want some love from the EVO forum.

Last edited by Ron750; 03-23-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: added
Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm happy to.hear you did good through the surgery.
I hope you have a quick recovery.
It takes a hard hit sometimes to wake us up and to truly get a grip on our self. Take your time getting better. Summer isn't here yet.

Quick Reply: Life is too short.....my apologies .