Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo seat + backrest for long rides question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:33 PM
AussieTX
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Solo seat + backrest for long rides question.

Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for a new seat which will offer better back support (my back is in pretty bad shape).
A few weeks back I did a 260mile trip and I was hurting after it, I had stock suspension at the time and have since replaced them with Ricors (13" sport for the rear and intiminators added to the front), I haven't done a long trip since they've been added, just a 70 mile ride on the highway and they seem to have helped a lot. But I'm still after some better back support, I've come to realize this won't happen unless I have a backrest.
I currently have a C&C fastback, so I'd like to get a solo seat w/ a removable backrest (can take it off for short runs, put it on for the long ones).
I love the look of Le Pera but I know that they are out of the question, I have been looking at a Mustang solo which seems like it's an option.
But I figured the best thing I could do would be to get as much input as possible.
So what are your favorite solo seats (that can have a backrest added) for long trips?
Thanks

Old 03-30-2013, 03:39 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the Mustang wide vintage solo with backrest. Backrest makes all the difference.

The following users liked this post:
Antonio Balls (03-06-2020)
Old 03-30-2013, 03:59 PM
AussieTX
Tourer

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
I have the Mustang wide vintage solo with backrest. Backrest makes all the difference.
Thanks, I've also been looking at the AirHawk system. I noticed Danny Gray has a line of seats that have the AirHawk built into them, I'm having some trouble working their website to see how much a solo big seat w/ airhawk and a backrest would run though.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:30 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

I had a DG Big Seat solo w/backrest. Was not comfortable, and I had a lot of problems with it.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
AussieTX
Tourer

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
I had a DG Big Seat solo w/backrest. Was not comfortable, and I had a lot of problems with it.
Thanks, the price on the DG seats seems pretty hefty.
How much of a difference is there between the Mustang vintage solo and wide vintage solo.
Just from the name of it the wide sounds like your legs may be spread out too much.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

I have a new Mustang Solo with rider backrest and the pillon on here for sale. The pillon has never been installed. Interested in a trade deal for your C&C? The Mustang is fine, I just NEVER use the backrest...

Old 03-30-2013, 05:16 PM
AussieTX
Tourer

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I have a new Mustang Solo with rider backrest and the pillon on here for sale. The pillon has never been installed. Interested in a trade deal for your C&C? The Mustang is fine, I just NEVER use the backrest...
Can you send me some pics of it please.
I'll take some pics of my seat and send them to you as soon as I get the chance.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieTX
Can you send me some pics of it please.
I'll take some pics of my seat and send them to you as soon as I get the chance.
Mine is listed in the classifieds with pics. Please take a look there. It is in like new condition. Is yours a standard C&C Fastback?

Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by AussieTX
Thanks, the price on the DG seats seems pretty hefty.
How much of a difference is there between the Mustang vintage solo and wide vintage solo.
Just from the name of it the wide sounds like your legs may be spread out too much.
I think it's wide at your ***, not between your legs. It's very comfortable. But mine is on an FLHT, however, I think they would be very similar.

Last edited by IAMSWUTIAMS; 03-31-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:38 PM
AussieTX
Tourer

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Mine is listed in the classifieds with pics. Please take a look there. It is in like new condition. Is yours a standard C&C Fastback?
I'll take a look, thanks.Yes it is a standard C&C fastback.
This is a pic of it on my bike taken several months back.

Quick Reply: Solo seat + backrest for long rides question.