Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Licks NovDot or Daytona Cruiser?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:16 PM
nomoore77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Licks NovDot or Daytona Cruiser?

I've been riding for about 20yrs and never really worn a hlemet before but now that I'm a little older with a little more sense and my wife is pressuring me to buy us both one I think it's time. I like the old school look of a 3/4 helmet and have been looking at the Licks NovDot or the Daytona Cruiser. What are your guy's experiances with either? Are they pretty true to size? Which one fits the best? Which is the smallest?

Old 04-06-2013, 10:24 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

not sure about the licks but i have two daytona's and one bell 3/4. two full face and one beanie. bell is a real good helmet and i rock that one a lot but it is bigger looking. the daytona's are real nice. very comfortable and fit nice. i have a 7 1/2'' head and have the xl daytona. it's not too tight.
hope that helps.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

and the daytona's are way smaller looking than the bell.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did a bunch of searching and just about everyone who has a Lick's Novdot loves it. Lowest profile and lightest weight of most of the 3/4 helmets. The website has a measuring guide and most have said they fit true to size. I just ordered one a couple days ago so I'll reply again when Ive had the chance to try it out. Right now Im using a non DOT skid lid but Im not fooling myself about the protection (or complete lack of I should say) it offers. Not sure how much I'll like wearing a 3/4 but I figure for the price, its worth a gamble.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:42 PM
nomoore77
Cruiser

Yeah I was kinda leaning towards the Licks I just wish they had more color options like Daytona. I realy like the metal flake ones.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:46 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

yup daytona has some nice colors. i got a green flake and a red flake. they look better in person and are awesome in the sun

Old 04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea. The Lick's are limited as far as colors go. I was originally going to get a Bell 500 custom but my Fat Bob is black denim so I ordered a matte black Lick's and Im just going to give it to my painter for some pin striping or design ideas.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:33 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

yup good idea. i striped my bell 500 too. (i hobby stripe and paint). i am going to stripe up the daytona's and sell em off. maybe buy some more. they are great helmets just a little too glittery for me. my bell was black and silver flake but i masked it and painted part flat black and did gloss black stripes. way better.
custom is cool.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:47 PM
nomoore77
Cruiser

Originally Posted by oldlefty
yup good idea. i striped my bell 500 too. (i hobby stripe and paint). i am going to stripe up the daytona's and sell em off. maybe buy some more. they are great helmets just a little too glittery for me. my bell was black and silver flake but i masked it and painted part flat black and did gloss black stripes. way better.
custom is cool.
Great idea! Especialy if you can get them at a discounted price.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:29 AM
PhotoRider
Road Master

You can go either way.

I own several Daytona's and a NovDot. I keep my headset in the NovaDot and use the shield (transition) they sell to fit it. It works great, no need for goggles and works with the mike. Its my touring helmet.

The Daytona's and the Licks are a very close match with the edge to Licks in quality. I believe its better made. I have seen older Daytona's wick glue on the flat black shell in heat/heavy sun.

They fit well. For me they fit one size big. Normally I take a XL, but with Lick and Daytona I use Large. Snug at first, and it quickly forms to you. The size chart is correct if you measure your head.

Quick Reply: Licks NovDot or Daytona Cruiser?