Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I decided that I'm choosing horsepower over looks

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Wheelup
Banned
Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Default I decided that I'm choosing horsepower over looks

After spending the money and time with this new big bore kit, with Dave Mackie heads, custom throttlebody, injectors and all the horsepower tricks I could come up with the last thing I wanted Was hot air and oil and blow by back into the engine. So this is my crude attempt that will be refined in the future down to something smaller and I weld nipples onto the oil filler cap and have it all just go down back into the engine. But after a few sips of a tasty beverage and some parts laying around I am onto something.

Attached Thumbnails I decided that I'm choosing horsepower over looks-image.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Looks inventive! Im getting this kit to stop the oil drip! Price aint bad either.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Wheelup
Banned

I saw that before I did this and figured I can do one better with some stuff I had lying around for free. I bought the breather filter screw in thingies from DK customs Which work great but cruising at over 100 plus miles an hour pushes oil out and gets on the bike. Not something I want on me or want to clean up off the bike or want any type of oil flying around. Plus if you have an oil drip you will find that that system will not fix your problem but it just won't put the hot oil back into your air breather and throttlebody but all over your bike.

Last edited by Wheelup; 04-29-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wheelup
I saw that before I did this and figured I can do one better with some stuff I had lying around for free. I bought the breather filter screw in thingies from DK customs Which work great but cruising at over 100 plus miles an hour pushes oil out and gets on the bike. Not something I want on me or want to clean up off the bike or want any type of oil flying around. Plus if you have an oil drip you will find that that system will not fix your problem but it just won't put the hot oil back into your air breather and throttlebody but all over your bike.
I have also done modifications to the rocker support plate plus a better oil pump should do the trick. Have you directly heard that those mesh breathers leak oil? First ive herd of that.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Wheelup
Banned

Well the oil that was going in the air filter assembly was still coming out and the breathers from DK (which under "normal" conditions might not) and going all over. It's gotta go somewhere. I have a Fueling ball, bells and whistles pump and plate set up and it's still coming out. At low rpm's and legal highway speeds it's not bad, but when this thing gets pumpin it's pushin oil like a bastard I guess. I've drilled out the rocker plate holes larger, replaced the umbrella valves and that fiber crap in there, stacked gaskets on the breather assembly to give it more room and all the things I do to engines and this one is still movin too much oil in the upper r's.

Last edited by Wheelup; 04-29-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Well I got one coming in the mail and have a habit of breaking 3 didgits so I guess ill find out for myself. Thanks. Previously I modified my Big Sucker to vent the oil/air closer to the AIC and that worked till the casting broke on one of the filter mounting studs.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I've tried the lot in terms of breathers and one of these solutions with both the breather ports feeding into a dual-inlet filter is best.

At least it is for a fairly new bike. If its older and slobbering a lot then you will get a constant drip after a ride from the filter. Then the choices are either a catch-can plumbed in or take a pipe off the T down to the road (but not right in front of the back wheel!).

Old 04-30-2013, 10:40 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

DK Custom Products makes some pretty sick ones as well... i kind of dig your set up

Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I use the DK breathers, and I do get what you mean, there is a very light mist that comes out when you are really hammering on it, you do notice a bit on the throttle body, but its not messy or dripping anywhere, just sort up builds up a light film after a while. It doesn't bother me at all, it isn't noticeable and easy to clean with weekly/biweekly washings...
I'd still recommend them to anyone.

Quick Reply: I decided that I'm choosing horsepower over looks