Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay tribar tail

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:10 PM
harley7316
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default ebay tribar tail

Hey just thought i would give some of you guys a heads up if your thinking of buying that ebay version of the tribar tail light for dyna fatbob dont bother first one i got lasted 2 days and a group of 4 leds stopped working got a one time replacement light from the guy put it in and some of leds dont even work these are junk.I am in the process of trying to take apart one on the sealed lights and i can tell ya its not fun i still havent got it apart but working on it maybe i can fix.Just a heads up

Old 08-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Dguy
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought one as well. Lasted a few months and then I noticed 4 Leds out. One on top, two in the middle and the one more in the bottom, all grouped together. I took mine off the fender ( once I did I realized where the clunking noise I was hearing was coming from as the boards were flopping around inside the lens!) I removed the lens (carefully as its siliconed together...I used an exacto knife to slowly cut the silicone until the point that it actually came apart)
Once the lens was off I could see the problem. There is a spot for 2 screws to hold the boards in place where they screw into the plastic inside the lens but the screws were gone and as none fell out when the lens was removed I had to assume they were never there. I cleaned the boards, screwed them in place using my own screws and put it all back together again and re-siliconed the lens (remove all old silicone before doing this)
She works...all leds are back on! For how long? who knows.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:20 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't even like the HD version - the plastic tabs holding the taillight on are next to worthless. It is a crappy design for holding that taillight in place and HD should have fixed it a long time ago. I am presently in my second attempt of trying to come up with a brace/bracket that will hold the light in place. I hate the idea of going back to the stock setup but I might have to.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:43 PM
jimmyjames4684
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting guys. I actually bought this and have noticed no issues. I will be on the look out now though.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Dguy
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
I don't even like the HD version - the plastic tabs holding the taillight on are next to worthless. It is a crappy design for holding that taillight in place and HD should have fixed it a long time ago. I am presently in my second attempt of trying to come up with a brace/bracket that will hold the light in place. I hate the idea of going back to the stock setup but I might have to.
I used an epoxy/superglue and attached two small washers on each side (4 total) on each side of the cheapass plastic tabs. Even if my plastic cracks (which they always do) the washers will still hold everything together nicely.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:08 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dguy
I used an epoxy/superglue and attached two small washers on each side (4 total) on each side of the cheapass plastic tabs. Even if my plastic cracks (which they always do) the washers will still hold everything together nicely.
Both my tabs were cracked so bad that I just grinded them off. Fabricated a bracket and JB Weld/epoxyed them on and about 2 weeks later one of the brackets came loose because the epoxy failed. Going to try something new, and if that doesn't work I will probably return to stock.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:31 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Funny this thread popped up. My tri-bar led is holding up so far but is just hard bump away from falling off I'm sure. Lately I've been looking at the joker machine led and the cycle visions eliminator taillight. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it looks so damn small in that hole.

Kind of like when Gorgonzola is having se... well you know...

Old 08-08-2013, 09:16 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Funny this thread popped up. My tri-bar led is holding up so far but is just hard bump away from falling off I'm sure. Lately I've been looking at the joker machine led and the cycle visions eliminator taillight. I'm leaning towards the latter, but it looks so damn small in that hole.

Kind of like when Gorgonzola is having se... well you know...
Hey Izzy, last time I went to the Cyclevisions website, it looked like they pulled the Eliminator from the FXDF model. I have not seen the Joker Machine taillight, might have to go see.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:49 PM
harley7316
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Well just got it apart tested all leds they all work but when i plug it in 8 leds arent working all of the resistors are ok so i think i have a problem with the circuit board need a magnifying light my old eyes arent what they use to be i cant even see the lines on the board lol,.Well i will get it fixed some time btw you can buy the fatbob CVO screaming eagle chrome cover for the light that goes over the light and is metal and the mounts go on to the plastic tabs so it will provide support.They come stock on the the CVO fatbob take alook

Old 08-09-2013, 01:09 AM
toku58
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like mine so far! For the price it seems well worth it!