Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question on Fat Bob rear fender

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Djake
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question on Fat Bob rear fender

I took my saddlebags off today, but I don't have the shorter stock bolts yet to put it back to stock...I put the longer ones back in but they're sticking out a bit and that chrome piece on the outside is moving a bit. I've checked the bolt, and it won't hit the tire, but is it safe to ride like that?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Djake
I took my saddlebags off today, but I don't have the shorter stock bolts yet to put it back to stock...I put the longer ones back in but they're sticking out a bit and that chrome piece on the outside is moving a bit. I've checked the bolt, and it won't hit the tire, but is it safe to ride like that?
Is the chrome piece you refer to the strut trim? I would be concerned about 2 things.
Are you SURE the bolts won't hit the tire, even if the suspension is fully compressed?
If the strut covers aren't tight (chrome trim loose), chances are the fender support under the fender isn't tight. The supports fall off, you would have a bad day for many reasons.
I would get the right bolts.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:55 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have ya considered just putting some spacers or some bungee *****.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:57 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Do not ride it with the struts rattling around. Just get to the hardware store and make it right. Like Puffdaddy said, the fender supports are what these bolts attach to and they need to be snugged up to properly support the fender. Riding with them loose is asking for trouble.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Djake
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses. The chrome piece barely moves but under the fender it's in place and not moving. I did end up going out and did about 40 miles and checked it a few times and nothing moved at all. I'll probably wait to ride it again until I have the right bolts though.