Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:31 PM
dopaytoplay
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Dyna

Hey, I'm a first time poster, long time lurker. I decided to pull my Dyna out of cobwebs. I started working on it a couple of years ago. It's been parked in my other garage now for a year and a half. I decided it's time to finish it. It's a 2008 Dyna with BST carbon fiber wheels, metal composite brake rotors, Brembo brake calipers, Brembo RCS master cylinder and clutch, Ohlin's inverted front end, JMC aluminum swingarm. Here's a couple of pics. I haven't even washed it; it's dusty. I will be doing a build spread on this. I have a few nice little things for it. The forks are going out to the anodizer's next week and getting hard black ano on them. I need to make the mount for my steering stabilizer. I'm using an Ohlin's stabilizer, mounted on top of my triple clamps. I will also have moto bars on it. I have a 124 R motor for it. It will be chain-drive. I might be going for an open belt primary though. Also, if anybody wants, I have a spare JMC swingarm for a 2005 or older Dyna that I will sell for $900. I have the same one on this bike. I just had to change my bolt up front and I believe that's all I had to do. It was a while ago. Here's a few pics. I know this is long for a first post, but I thought I would just throw it all out there. - Jay
P.S. What's the easiest way to upload pictures?

Attached Thumbnails Custom Dyna-jmcswingarm001.jpg   Custom Dyna-jmcswingarm004.jpg  
Old 08-30-2013, 08:15 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like it will be an awesome bike! Ohlins front end, Brembo brakes, 124" motor... Nice parts list. Those BST wheels look really good (and light). Was thinking about getting a set for my Diavel, one of these days.

Keep us posted on progress and post up some more pics.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 PM
CajunGlide03
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Good post. Great bike!!! Keep us up to date with your progress!

Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

Sounds pretty interesting. You need to post a picture of the whole bike, whatever stage its in.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:44 PM
dopaytoplay
Advanced

Hi, I will try to get some full pictures of the bike, dust and all. I'm having a hard time posting pictures, even with my daughter helping because I'm not that computer savvy. What's the easiest way?
- Jay

Old 08-31-2013, 03:54 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

awesome wheels ----WoW!

there is no easy way, but now that you have to pics up there double click one so it opens in a new tab and copy the url. Now edit your post and copy the url in the comment section and ad [img] ahead of the url and [/img] after the url. now go advanced if you have to and go back to manage attatchmments and remove the pic. Now save and the pic will come up in your comment instead of a thumbnail.

Last edited by maddghost; 08-31-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:55 PM
FXD_noob
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. open an account on photobucket.com or any other picture hosting website, and upload your pics there.
2. When they've been uploaded, the website will provide you with "tags" so you can copy them and paste the links here on the forum on your message, which will show the image when you click on the "submit reply" button. (although if you're not sure click on the "preview post" to see how you're doing before you submit a reply)

Old 08-31-2013, 04:47 PM
matto371
Cruiser

thats an awesome parts list! get some full bike shots up. i wanna see more so i can dream about how the would be on my fxdx! cant wait to see more

Old 08-31-2013, 05:12 PM
dopaytoplay
Advanced

Here's some pictures, please don't pay attention to the dust. I don't want to wipe it off without washing it down first. I'm waiting on my handlebars and risers, the ones in the pictures are just me trying to get a feel for what I want. I will not be running T-bars, I will be running moto bars with risers. I think I found the right ones, but we'll know when they get here. These aren't the rear shocks I'm using either, just there for mock-up purposes.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:17 AM
VT Hog
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Going to look sweet....

Quick Reply: Custom Dyna