Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake light issue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Kmarc86
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear brake light issue...

Good morning,,

Well, I was looking forward to spending some extra cash on my FXDB, but I might not get to do that now... Got on the bike to head to work this morning and found that the rear brake pedal does not illuminate the rear brake light... I still went out because the front brake lever still gets the light to illuminate. But, still gotta figure out what's wrong. Not sure if it is rear brake sensor or a short in the wiring somewhere, so I figured I'd get a thread on hear to see if I'm over looking anything. My considerations: Front brake lever illuminates light, both brakes still functional, all other electrical components are functional, got it to work initially before leaving but it quit working again, and running lights all work. I've looked for other threads on here with the same problem, but there is always other circumstances that don't solve my issue.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Eagle_1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unplug the two wires on the rear brake light switch. Put a jumper wire between the two wires and turn on the switch. If the light comes on replace the switch.
I changed mine a few months ago. I got one from Napa that fit a Volkswagen.
BTW, you will need to bleed your rear brakes again after you change it.