Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racetech spring, what's your experience?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 01:23 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Exclamation Racetech spring, what's your experience?

I am thinking to beef up my front suspension while changing fork oil. Got some amsoil medium weight, might as well upgrading the springs. Progressive or Racetech? I am not getting the gold valves at this moment, might try the springs/fork oil first and go from there. Perhaps some RSD adjustable fork caps. Thanks! Alex

Old 10-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Great springs but after all they are just springs and what really helps is the valves....

Old 10-20-2013, 03:38 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There are some current threads going on in this dyna section on front end upgrades..a lot of info. The biggest change will be your ricor intimidators. The best consensus for springs with the ricors is a single rate spring (your stock spring is a progressive type)
Traxxion is the only one that makes single rate springs for the 49mm forks.

Here is the thread:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...n-upgrade.html

Last edited by rooti; 10-20-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:51 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 128auto
I am thinking to beef up my front suspension while changing fork oil. Got some amsoil medium weight, might as well upgrading the springs. Progressive or Racetech? I am not getting the gold valves at this moment, might try the springs/fork oil first and go from there. Perhaps some RSD adjustable fork caps. Thanks! Alex
Progressive sells one size fits all springs, and Race Tech sells springs for your specific weight. That being said I couldnt tell ya which is best for you.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 AM
oldlefty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

springs and valves all the way. it's a lot of work to pull your front end apart so in my opinion, do the valves also so you wont have to tear into it again. i have done the racetech springs and gold valves in a couple bikes and love the handling and ride.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:16 PM
adam_hffh
Advanced

racetech. progressive sucks. works makes a good spring kit as well but racetech is the best. the only one im considering over racetech is ohlins

Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Warrior 72
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't want to hijack a thread, but I will anyway. I'm in the process of ordering my Hagon Nitro shocks and have spent two days looking into the front forks and I'm still confused. I had a set of the Race tech Gold Emulators in two other bikes and they worked incredible, what makes the Ricors better? I'm planning on going with race tech VRod springs and either the Race Tech or Ricor valve, but all this talk about spacers is getting me worried that I will have to keep pulling this apart to get it right,

Old 10-30-2013, 09:02 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO...the best bang for the buck to improve your front end is going to be Ricor Intiminators with #10 Amsoil.

I'm still tweaking the right single rate springs from Traxxion for my ride, but honestly, you could drop in the Intiminators with that #10 Amsoil and be shocked by improved handling. Add the RSD or Speed Merchant adjusters and you can change the ride feel on the fly...even with stock springs.

izzyryder and I are both working on the Traxxion single rate springs with the Intiminators. If you're interested, his thread is here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...e-springs.html

Old 10-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Warrior 72
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the link to that thread, it looks like I have a lot more reading to do.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:01 PM
DynamicDyna
Former Sponsor

We have a fully adjustable cartridge kit that is available for custom applications. We are currently working on making it available for immediate delivery. These are the best solution for conventional 39 and 49mm front ends. Next best thing is inverted forks. They come with compression rebound and preload adjustments. And are supplied with new fork caps that have all adjustment screws built in to the cap. I will post pics as soon as possible.

Quick Reply: Racetech spring, what's your experience?