Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDC SuperTrapp install question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Jerry Pbury
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXDC SuperTrapp install question.

I'm installing a SuperTrapp 2-1 system on my FXDC and am wondering about the stock mount on the front pipe. This isn't covered under the instructions as to if it's to be used or not. It appears that when the exhaust is tightened at the heads that it pulls the pipe into the mount tab. If I loosen the exhaust clamps at the head and use the front mount it holds the pipe out from the front bracket about 1/2" . This seems to put tension on the exhaust system and I'm not sure if I am getting a good seal at the head gaskets. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? Did you use the front bracket or just remove it from the engine as it interfered with the front exhaust pipe? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 12-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Jerry Pbury
Advanced
Default Never mind!

Found it on the website. P clamp goes on bottom of engine clamp.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Jerry Pbury
Advanced
Default Update

"P" clamp is a split clamp and there is no way that it is going under the bracket on the engine so I split, top and bottom like I had it before and snugged everything up gradually and it seems to work OK. No noticeable exhaust leaks. The exhaust system sounds great. Can't wait until the weather gets better to try them out.

Jerry

Old 12-28-2013, 11:22 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

I would advise to make extra sure not put a bind on the pipe once it's secured. If you do it will crack. I've seen lots of pipes crack after they get good and hot when they were pulled into position while tightening the mounts.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Jerry Pbury
Advanced

Originally Posted by fxdlx
I would advise to make extra sure not put a bind on the pipe once it's secured. If you do it will crack. I've seen lots of pipes crack after they get good and hot when they were pulled into position while tightening the mounts.
I'm still not to comfortable about the tension. It settled in better the second time but I'm going to give it another shot later today.

Thanks,

Jerry