Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

west coast vs drag speacialties buffalo t-bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 11:42 AM
JonnyLew
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default west coast vs drag speacialties buffalo t-bars

soo im looking for a set of t-bars for my 2014 sbob..cost me just under 300 for the west coast t-bars..place in cananada here that ships for free i can get the buffalo t-bars for 150 shipped..whats the difference between the two or are the west coasts worth the extra 150?

Old 02-08-2014, 12:04 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 12" buffalo t-bars and have no complaints.

I've spent a little time on West Coast's website and I'm guessing that with the West Coast bars, you're paying for their advertising and sponsorship of the SOA tv show.

West Cost's products seem to be made in America . I'd be willing to bet that the Buffalo T-Bars are made off shore. That too can make them less expensive. Note that I don't think off shore sourcing means the Buffalo T-Bars are of inferior quality. Their quality seems top notch.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:27 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

ok hows the welds and powder coat? weld beads look good no spatter?

Old 02-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't speak on the buffalo bars but I will absolutely back up the quality of WCTBs. They are 100% made in America and are excellent quality. I've seen the shop myself when I picked up my bars. In fact I recently bought my second set from WCTB after trying out some apes then going back. They're damn comfortable and quality made bars. Good welding and powder coating. I couldn't be happier with them.

I should point out I have no affiliation with WCTB nor do I have anything against drag specialties. In my humble opinion the $279 I paid for a quality set of 14" powder coated bars that I plan to run for years was not unreasonable at all but that's just me. I also like to support small businesses if I can, especially when they offer a product I've found to be of good quality.

As for the SOA advertising fee mentioned above, unless I'm mistaken WCTB did provide the bars for a few characters in the show for whatever that's worth. Whether or not that reflects on the price is up for you to draw your own conclusion. Personally, if I owned a business and got all that free marketing I'd be taking full advantage of it too.

Hope that helps. It sounds like the Drag Specialties are pretty good too so I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever bars you go with.

Clown

Old 02-08-2014, 01:37 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

thanks for the reply clown..your absolutely right about supporting the american made quality parts..seems thats what we always complain about is the overseas stuff..but when it comes down to it everyone always wants a bargain..I hear nothing but good about west coast..so I think im gonna have to save my next 150 and go for the west coast!! as for size what do most run with the quarter fairing? 10 or 12 ? i dont want em too high..but enough that nothing will bind with the fairing..markers ect..

Old 02-08-2014, 03:06 PM
STbob_Will
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyLew
thanks for the reply clown..your absolutely right about supporting the american made quality parts..seems thats what we always complain about is the overseas stuff..but when it comes down to it everyone always wants a bargain..I hear nothing but good about west coast..so I think im gonna have to save my next 150 and go for the west coast!! as for size what do most run with the quarter fairing? 10 or 12 ? i dont want em too high..but enough that nothing will bind with the fairing..markers ect..
id personally go with the 10

Old 02-08-2014, 03:26 PM
boosting1bar
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on what style you're looking at check these out, I got them under $100 on eBay and the quality is way better than I expected. They're just as nice as any other brand bar I've seen in person, the welds are outstanding as is the coating. They also come with a string already in them so it took essentially no time to internally wire them. I figured for under $100 I'd give them a shot, and it's turned out to be one of my fav purchases for this bike!

Link is to my completed auction

And here's a couple pics of them as I was putting them on.

Last edited by boosting1bar; 02-08-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:46 PM
JonnyLew
Tourer

Thanks for the input guys..damn sick bikes and theyre lucky to have a beauty home haha..will the style im goin for is just to have the bars over top of the fairing and arms slightly raised more than straight..are the 10" tbars same height as 10 " stock Apes?

Old 02-09-2014, 02:28 AM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

The height depends a lot on what style you're looking for. I personally run 14's but I'm 6'4" so they're obviously a lot different than someone who is 5'9" running the same bars. Not sure which fairing you're going with but if you don't want the bars to go above it you should probably stick with the 10's or maybe 12's. Another thing to consider is the higher you go the closer the hand grips will be to you because of the rake angle on your bike (which I think is the same as my FXDF but don't quote me on that). Make sure you compare the two to get an idea of what you really want or trust me - you'll just end up buying what you really want sooner than later.

And yes, you're right about wanting to support American but always looking for a bargain. In the end, like I said above, get what you really want. If it takes a little more time to save up for that it you'll be glad you did. Good luck.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:02 AM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WCTB here, love them and they were well worth the wait. Scotty is a stand up dude, as well. I got impatient with my order and I called him like 2 times and he was super chill both times. They make the bars as they're needed so you are getting high quality ****.

I went with 10" but decided it was just a hair too short so I picked up some LA Choppers 2" riser extensions giving me a total of 12", which is actually 13" to the very top of the crossbar. I stand a hair over 5'10" and at 12" I'm super happy with the overall height. That said, even at 10" I immediately fell in love with the bars. They are solid, look great, come pre-drilled (even though I've slacked off on actually making use of that to internally wire), improved my handling a ton, and are very comfortable.

Quick Reply: west coast vs drag speacialties buffalo t-bars