Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback V&H Pro Pipe Install Clamp Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Gee
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Switchback V&H Pro Pipe Install Clamp Question

Put the pro pipe exhaust on the bike last night. There is an chrome oem clamp on the front of the bike that clamped to the front header pipe. About the same spot as the back of the rider floorboard. Only reference I can find in the V&H instructions that references that clamp is...

8. If equipped, remove front head pipe clamp bolt.

I don't see any reference about removing the clamp completely or even reattaching it to the new exhaust.

Anyone know what I missed in the instructions? Does your V&H Pro Pipe exhaust have it connected to the front pipe, removed, or just hanging there?

Thanks

Old 03-21-2014, 04:20 PM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you take a picture of what clamp you are talking about or give more detail?

I don't recall leaving any of the stock pipe clamps on.

There is a brace for the front pipe, kind of down under the cam cover plate and attached to the bottom side of the engine case, that is left on the bike... but not used by the V&H pipe because it is more trouble to get off than is worth. I just painted black so it doesnt stand out as much.

Last edited by spyderwebb; 03-21-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Gee
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes, that's the one I am talking about. I should have worded the question better to indicate the bracket not the clamp that attaches to that bracket. Thanks for the help. I looked at the bolts holding that bracket on last night and they do not look like they are easy to get to. Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:35 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most shops that install will just cut them off. I unbolted mine. Kinda a pain, but I couldn't leave it on

Old 05-01-2017, 12:31 AM
ReconFLD
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gee
Yes, that's the one I am talking about. I should have worded the question better to indicate the bracket not the clamp that attaches to that bracket. Thanks for the help. I looked at the bolts holding that bracket on last night and they do not look like they are easy to get to. Thanks for the reply.
im installing some rinehart 2 into 1s on my Switchback now and I noticed the bracket as well. Did y'all leave it on?

Old 05-01-2017, 07:09 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,813 Posts

Originally Posted by ReconFLD
im installing some rinehart 2 into 1s on my Switchback now and I noticed the bracket as well. Did y'all leave it on?
Hmm...didn't you get your answer in the previous posts? (without the old "Dig-up")...not like an overwhelming amount posts