Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeatherPros FXDXT Fitment questions + Additional Storage

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Rasconzo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LeatherPros FXDXT Fitment questions + Additional Storage

I got my leather FXDXT retro bags last week from Garry at LeatherPros and I have to say I am EXTREMELY pleased with the product! Very sturdy, very well made they got here just two days after ordering.

Now my question... I had to relocate my rear turn signals on my Street Bob in order to mount the bags. I just used the Harley kit to do so. The bracket adds a little thickness to the rear mounting point (see pics below).

Now, I have the bags on and they seem to be locked on and solid. Do you think it matters that the bags are slightly as-cue..? Cant imagine it would be... Sure others are running the same set up. Just looking for some feedback.

My follow up... I think I would like to mount some kind of small pouch or something along that line inside the bag for storage of smaller items. Has anyone done this..? If so, what has worked for you.

Thanks again Garry for the Amazing product! There is nothing quite like the feeling of being 100% satisfied with a purchase.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:25 PM
mallder
Intermediate

I have an 06 low rider with those bags. I have the chrome trim over the rear frame and I have the harley quick detach sissy bar setup. On my bike the ends of the bolts that hold the sissy bar/leatherpro studs, are 1/4 inch closer together at the rear. My bags look straight when mounted.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

OT....

Any side views, and rear view with these bags? I haven't seen them in leather yet.

Chase

Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Rasconzo
Tourer

Originally Posted by Chasespeed
OT....

Any side views, and rear view with these bags? I haven't seen them in leather yet.

Chase
Yeah man, give me a day or so to shoot a few and post them.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:40 AM
AndreiTheGiant
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Chasespeed: Here you go
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ed-photos.html

Mallder: I've got the same setup and it seems the fender support struts taper inward slightly front-to-back so the bigger spacer in the back straightens out the bag.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:05 PM
mallder
Intermediate

I have the spacers correct but it's still a little wider at the front posts. I would not have even noticed it had I not built a large spanner to measure it.
The bags fit the bike well. I did have to do some minor grinding on the release handle so it would clear the sissy bar.