Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust options.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 09:36 AM
jaws52
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust options.

It's tax return time and I'm looking at some of my first real major additions to my bike (2013 WG). I really love the V&H 2-2 big radius pipes, the first question is who's got the best deal on those? Second what programmer is recommended with those and air cleaner as well? Or just program and pipes? Also what kind of gains are expected? Like seat of the pants feel..

Thanks for anything in advance!

Old 04-01-2014, 09:55 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

seat of the pants , once you have tried it you will never turn back! If you want best power go with a 2:1 system, I just saw a black supertrapp supermeg with an openning bid 100$ on ebay. Which air cleaner you choose is up to you most of them have the same function = give more air. Fuel tuner the best most adaptable out there is the powervision by dynojet. well worth the extra cash. But if you do not plan on going any further there are many cheaper ones that will do. Speak to one of our site sponsors at fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-01-2014, 10:47 AM
jaws52
Cruiser

Yes, did a little search and fuel moto is where it lead me to and I might be talking with them here soon.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer

Hey Jaws,

I recently went down the same road, actually a couple weeks ago is when I get everything all wrapped up. I got lucky and found a set of Big Radius 2-2 pipes for $450 so I snatched them up quick. The 2-1 pipes do have a little better performance so I have heard but I cant stand the look of them, that's just me. Opening up the exhaust, and allowing more air in and out with adding an air cleaner is going to give it a little more pep either way you slice. You probably cant feel the difference in 2-2 vs. 2-1 exhaust. I would say you would only see the difference on the dyno.

With that said, its your bike... get what you want and what you like. I love the look of the Big Radius 2-2 pipes and that's why I went with those. As far as air cleaners... I went with the DK587 Complete system because it was less than $200 and looks bad *** IMO. As for tuner I went with the Fuel Moto Micro Tuner. Easy install and was only $200 and it does exactly what I need it to do. I don't have plans for cams and engine upgrade for quite some time.

My bike now has more pep, sounds like it has a huge pair between it and looks much better. But thats what I wanted... In the end, get what you want and what you like, and of course RIDE SAFE.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:05 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i have had 2-2 V/H br, I now run a 2-1, would never look back! I run a modded bub lakester and could not say enough good things about this pipe!

Old 04-01-2014, 12:24 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Just like above. Get yourself a 2-1 for the best HP.

D&D Fat Cat, V&H Pro Pipe, Bassini, Bub.......you get gains!.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Doug103FXDWG
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just switched from a Rinehart 2-1 to the Big Radius pipes definitely looks and sounds better. I may have lost a little low end torque, but what I really notice is a lot more sound - these pipes are pretty friggin' loud.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:36 PM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my honest opinion. After running stock, then just slip-ons, then slip-ons and intake, now finally full exhaust with a Fuel Pak. Unless you are planning on adding cams and/or doing major engine mods, your stage 1 upgrades are not going to give you a major life-altering experience. If you plan on doing a stage 1 only, I suggest you choose either looks or sound. Which will make you happier? V&H Big Radius 2-2 look and sound great. I'm sure you'll be glad if you go that route.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:43 PM
jaws52
Cruiser

I'm pretty set on the 2-2 because I love the looks of them! Looks mean!

Old 04-01-2014, 02:56 PM
jaws52
Cruiser

I probably should mention I'm not looking for huge performance gains at this point in time, bike only has 550 miles on it, just love the looks and sound of a full exhaust. I've also been told that if you do the exhaust you may as well do the intake! Wranglin4life you got a good deal, I'd love to be only about 800 buck into a deal like that. I'm hoping to only spend 1200 or so.. Hope I'm in that ballpark

Quick Reply: Exhaust options.