Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"seat expericenes" what's your favorite

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 01:54 PM
dynomatic
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "seat expericenes" what's your favorite

I've been looking at several types of seat and I was seeing what could find out from other riders. I'm new to the wide glide bikes. I'm 6'4 and like to sit low in the saddle. I liked the badlander seat on my softail but my wife didn't. I've been looking at the danny gray buttcrack seat. Anyone ever used this or a low seat like it. Also will my pass pillion work. Thanks

Old 04-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Josowski
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had stock seats on two different bikes refoamed by Mean City Cycles out of NC.
They were really helpful and knowledgable.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 786 Posts
Default Mean City Cycles the Way To Go

Originally Posted by Josowski
I've had stock seats on two different bikes refoamed by Mean City Cycles out of NC.
They were really helpful and knowledgable.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:13 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dynomatic
I've been looking at several types of seat and I was seeing what could find out from other riders. I'm new to the wide glide bikes. I'm 6'4 and like to sit low in the saddle. I liked the badlander seat on my softail but my wife didn't. I've been looking at the danny gray buttcrack seat. Anyone ever used this or a low seat like it. Also will my pass pillion work. Thanks
My old boss had a dg buttcrack solo and he loved it. I have the dg short hop 2up XL and love mine as well. Firm but comfortable

Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've tried several and the Sundowner for me is the best.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:33 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm really liking my C&C lopro solo and OEM Fatbob seat for two up. Both are really comfortable and the C&C has a great lo profile for how comfortable it is.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:48 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain

had the stock seat bought a pillowtop, then a danny grey, then a reduced reach, then the mustang with a backrest, then a solo something, ended up going to the Harley store and demo 3 different seats, the 2 up touring 51472-06 and the sundowner 51540-06. both seats are top shelf the 51472-06 seems to have a thinner nose to me and a little less padding bought the sundowner it put me a little more forward than the sundowner solo, good luck have fun, and try the Harley seats

Old 04-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Unit 91
Tourer

How do you pick a seat without spending money on tons of different options? Anyone do a demo program?

It's the same with bicycle saddles. They're all so damn different. Luckily a few local shops will let you demo for a few bucks.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 786 Posts
Default Mean City Cycles the Way To Go

Originally Posted by Unit 91
How do you pick a seat without spending money on tons of different options? Anyone do a demo program?

It's the same with bicycle saddles. They're all so damn different. Luckily a few local shops will let you demo for a few bucks.
That is the beauty of Mean City Cycles. They use your stock seat and after a long consultation on the phone will add memory foam and/or gel packs. They will move your *** forward, backward, up or down if you wish. On mine they added memory foam and cut a channel for my tail bone. I liked the look of the original stock seat and they made it mine for $120.00!!! This place is the real deal.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 735 Likes on 505 Posts

Lisa Ann, hands down I worshipped her seat! I was 21, back from Germany, stationed at Benning in 3rd/7th. My buddy was her cousin, they were both from Atlanta and in Germany he showed me a picture of her once and I was smitten so she and I started by mail. Then I got stationed there and bam, we hit it off
She had an Atlanta southern drawl that the mere thought still slays me to this day. I mean, her voice, her beauty (and I'm talking centerfold stuff, drop dead Marilyn gorgeous) picture yourself on a Jamaican beach, sun shining warmth, margarita in one hand, and then kneel down and put your mouth under a keg of pancakes with syrup and whipped butter and just open the tap to full and just let it gush in your mouth till the richness of the flavor and everything just nearly made you pass out That's the kind of beauty she was!

I worshipped her seat, it was worthy of worship

Other than that, I've had good Corbins, C&C, soon my SS gets here and can't wait for that.

Quick Reply: "seat expericenes" what's your favorite