Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Starting....Warranty work.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 07:44 PM
flyboyron
Road Warrior
Received 262 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Hard Starting....Warranty work.

I have noticed something the last month or two getting a little worse.

When I ride the bike, it starts fine. But if you stop it and let it sit for about 10 to 20 minutes and you go to start it again, it will crank and crank and crank, and not start.

I stop it after 3 - 4 seconds of cranking and try again, each time and it usually starts on the third try.

That is just not right. 2,500 miles on it so I'm going to have to drop it off at the dealer for them to look at it and see what it could be.

Gas mileage is 48 mpg so that is good.

I am thinking two things.

1. It is now a 103, from a 96 motor, and it has no compression release like the new ones. Is that a problem?

2. Maybe the mapping isn't correct for that engine configuration? They used a Stage II kit and said they used Stage II mapping, but the paperwork says Stage I. I questioned them and they said it was done correctly.

Anyone have a problem like this?

Old 04-12-2014, 08:34 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you wait for the engine check to finish and the pump turns off before you crank it? Cause if you do I giuarantee that is it. Try flipping the switches to on and within two seconds hit the start button and she'll fire right up boom! I don'tt know why they tell people to wait when there is not one tek who bothers to wait. I've been starting mine like that for 6 years and no problems. I even just flip and crank when it's cold and she always fires up on the first crank.

Forgot to mention HD download map sucks. But should not interfere with your starting.

You should make you next upgrade a new tuner. And I recommend getting yourself a powervision. Best game out there.

Last edited by maddghost; 04-12-2014 at 08:36 PM.