Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting to modify the wideglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Elemental13
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting to modify the wideglide

Sorry for the long write up but I have heard a lot of guys that are running the rear license plate relocation from harley had wiring problems and problems getting the side mount plate off because the bolts are stripping when coming off. Well I wanted to add bags windshield engine guard and sissy bar to the bike for now so I started just doing the easy stuff the quick detach shield and the engine guard. Finally got to removing the side mount plate, I could not get a socket and ratchet on the Allen head bolts so we decided to remove the entire rear fender because I was also removing the stock rigid mount sissy bar. After fighting the wiring out of the holders on the inside of the fender it was extremely easy to get the side mount plate off I had to use an Allen wrench and a box end wrench for extra leverage to get the corroded bolts out. Then started to dry fit the relocation kit and get all the wiring ran internally I found it was easier to leave the terminal ends off and feed one wire at a time through the bracket and then wire the connectors back together after that it was pretty simple remove the bracket reinstall the fender and re install the relocation kit. I used quick detach hardware instaead of the spacers I did now want my bags sticking super far out. When I put the sissy bar on it was a little tight to get on but it did go on completely so it turned out good in my eyes And everything fit nicely.

Attached Thumbnails Starting to modify the wideglide-image.jpg  
Old 04-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Elemental13
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry couldn't figure out how to put both images on the first post

Attached Thumbnails Starting to modify the wideglide-image.jpg